Best Fuel Transfer Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptTom

Guru
Vessel Make
Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Anyone have one they like?

I tried one of those cheap fuel transfer pumps from China off Amazon, and it worked OK until I ran it for a while and it overheated.

I don't plan to use it often, if ever, so I don't want to break the bank on this, but I'm willing to pay what it costs for one that works.

I plan to use my existing fuel lines and manifold, which are (IIRC) 1/4". A lot of the pumps I see on line have much larger fittings and hoses.

I'm looking for one that's small enough to use the existing hoses, but reliable enough that it won't die on me if I need it.

Walbro's FRB-13, common pump on trawlers for fuel transfer, fuel polishing etc.

I don't know about "best". I have a Jabsco reversing fuel pump on my boat for fuel transfer. I had to replace the impeller this last year. It doesn't get much use but the impeller was 7 years old. The pump moves fuel when I ask it to and other than replacing the impeller (which was cheap and easy) I've never had any issues.

BTW, I connected the pump to a relay with a timer on it. I found that if I didn't do that, I would forget I had turned the pump on with unfortunate results. The pump is really quiet which is a good thing other than I would forget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom