View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #9
South of Heaven
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Russ, maintaining these boats are a breeze (as long as you buy a boat that was also taken care of by the previous owner). Mine was. Even an untrained eye can tell when someone takes care of his boat. You don't have to be able to eat off the bilge floor but you get my point. Lol.

No exterior wood is a big plus. Just wax the boat at least once a year and always wash it down after using it. The exterior maintenance is a cake walk.

The engine maintenance is also pretty easy. Other than changing the oil and filters every 100 hours then there isn't much to do. Lol. I'll do a visual check before and after every time I use the boat. If anything seems out of the ordinary then Ill investigate further. I have not had any issues yet. I've done over 100 hours since last July (2017).

When I first bought the boat the previous owner had done some maintenance items after I had the survey. Like new water pump assembly and impellor. Coolant flush and new reservoir. And some other minor things. The TAMD41pa is great! She's a trooper. Does everything I want of her. The best part is that I have total faith in the motor/tranny. Having that peace of mind in your boat is key. I wouldn't even think twice about taking my boat from Boston to Florida tmmrow.....

I'm thinking of selling her because I'm gonna be a full time liveaboard this fall. I've been looking at some trawlers in the 36'-40ish' range and think that I could benefit from a tad more space since it'll be my actual home. Lol.

I still have some planned trips this month and in early August too. I'm not gonna list her yet.......SOON THOUGH. Feel free to call me anytime. I'll answer any questions you have.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
South of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote