Water Pump Impeller Fragments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I purchased one of these http://www.speedseal.com/SpeedsealLife/Lifehowitworks.htm but haven't gotten to the boat yet to install it. My Deere 4045 main engine uses a generic Johnson F7B-9 raw water pump. A little more run-dry capability, and easy-change pump cover. That and a Globe Run-Dry Impeller might be too much upgrade in one go--hopefully they'll turn out to be good upgrades which will lessen the chances of impeller destruction.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a GLobe impeller disintegrate into pieces.

Back to my mod, a total success. We were out on the water for 5 hours today and ran the gen the whole time. It pumped perfectly.

I purchased one of these http://www.speedseal.com/SpeedsealLife/Lifehowitworks.htm but haven't gotten to the boat yet to install it. My Deere 4045 main engine uses a generic Johnson F7B-9 raw water pump. A little more run-dry capability, and easy-change pump cover. That and a Globe Run-Dry Impeller might be too much upgrade in one go--hopefully they'll turn out to be good upgrades which will lessen the chances of impeller destruction.

I watched that video and think it is a good idea.

I purchased one of these Welcome to Speedseal How it Works but haven't gotten to the boat yet to install it. My Deere 4045 main engine uses a generic Johnson F7B-9 raw water pump. A little more run-dry capability, and easy-change pump cover. That and a Globe Run-Dry Impeller might be too much upgrade in one go--hopefully they'll turn out to be good upgrades which will lessen the chances of impeller destruction.

The Speedseal website says they've gone out of business. I have the Speedseal Life and would like to get a set of the 2 wearable parts. Anybody else dealt with this?

The Speedseal website says they've gone out of business. I have the Speedseal Life and would like to get a set of the 2 wearable parts. Anybody else dealt with this?

Why? Did they wear out?
You can go to a bearing supply house and buy teflon sheet in various thicknesses, just cut it to fit.

Unfortunate--didn't realize this happened, bought mine 6-8 mos ago. Hopefully someone will continue the business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom