Mainship 34T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Slow Dance
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
Today, after almost two years of ownership, I finally learned where the A/C filters are located. I also learned the cold air return was covered by the sofa. The sofa has now been moved to starboard, and WOW has the temp of Slow Dance gotten colder!

NOW, does anyone know the size windshield wiper arms and blades a 2006 Mainship 34T requires? I'll appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,

Dick T

Welcome aboard TF.
Nice boat. [emoji16] Ours is a '08 34 HT
I see David beat me but take a look at the "Bacchus" website for info on 34Ts.
I switched out my wipers to the straight blades w metal backing.
My local NAPA store had the right adapters to match up with the arm ends.

A common weakness on MS 34 salon AC is the duct atrachment or lack of to the pirt side discharge manifold. I found mine was not atrached and had slid down the enclose chase at the port stern. Not easy but I was able to make the connection by working through the stereo speaker hole. It made a huge difference in cooling.
I suspect that if you are getting good cooling now yours is attached.

I see you are from Mt Pleasant.... where is that?
We are in NY Finger Lakes but frequently cruise Lk Ontario, 1,000 Is & Canadian Canals.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard TF.
I switched out my wipers to the straight blades w metal backing.
My local NAPA store had the right adapters to match up with the arm ends.

I suspect you may have solved a problem I've been avoiding. Can you say a bit more about this fix? Pics always appreciated for those of us who are conceptually-challenged.

I suspect you may have solved a problem I've been avoiding. Can you say a bit more about this fix? Pics always appreciated for those of us who are conceptually-challenged.
I will get some pics & post them

Dave & Others

Here is what I converted to.
They are 18" truck blades meant for flat windshields.. rubber held in the SS backer
Attach with a small (#4? SS Bolt / Nut to an adapter that fits the blade on my MS WW Arms. My local NAPA guy had a box of assorted adapters and reached in and gave me 3 of what I needed - If not they should be able to get some
Pics should show it fairly well - I did have to adapt a little - the adapters were wider than needed and let the blade flop a little too much - I simply slid a #6 nut over the bolt as I was assembling them to act as a spacer. The blades are a little sloppy in that they move slightly in the bracket / adapter but I actually think that's better than being held too tight... lets the blade edge clean the WS better?

Hope that helps - let me know if any questions

Attachments

• Wipers 5.jpg
    Wipers 5.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Wipers 3.jpg
    Wipers 3.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Wipers 4.jpg
    Wipers 4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Wipers 2.jpg
    Wipers 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Wipers 1.jpg
    Wipers 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Outstanding -- a solution I never would have thought of. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom