EZ oil Drain Valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen that but I have a hose and pump mounted to my engine there is no way anything could be easier .

I use one on my truck. It's been solid 150,000 miles.

Put one on my genset as well as a remote oil filter for easy change and larger filter.

While I don’t have that exact drain, it is wonderful to have a drain with a hose to hook to a pump for draining the oil. I love mine.

I have never been able to drain oil out the oil pan plug. I have either sucked it out the dip stick tube or sucked it out of a hose attached to a valve installed in the oil pan.

If you have the room to get a drain pan under your engine then it should work fine. I prefer the safety of a valve with a hose where the end of the hose is higher than the oil pan.

They have a valve that has a hose bib on it so you can attach a hose.

They have a valve that has a hose bib on it so you can attach a hose.

I’ve installed that type on one of my cars. Easier to get the oil to go where I want when it is drained. Works well. I don’t seen anything wrong with simply leaving the hose attached to the barb and then using a pump on the hose to extract the oil. Easier than using the dipstick. I would have done it on other boats, but accessing the drain plug was nigh near impossible and my current boat has an oil change system.

That is what I have in my current boat. It is just a different valve, it is a petcock. I just hook my pump up to the hose and 3 minutes later the 22 quarts are out of the engine.

So even with a drain valve, you still have to use a pump to get the oil out?

unless you have room under you engine to get a pan that will hold 3.5 gallons of oil

Back
Top Bottom