From AZ to the Midwest -- maybe time to loop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZ2Loop

Vessel Name
Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Make
1990 49' Albin
Hello from Carefree, AZ...... or make that southern Indiana for now. I've been a lurker on your forum for years. Boating has been a part of my life since I was born, but it was always inland lake boating.

Arizona has been our home for the past 20 years, but we now find ourselves in southern Indiana for a few years. I've always thought "one day I would like to explore the loop" but from Arizona it never made sense to actually do it. While we are in the Midwest, and before moving back to AZ, opportunity is knocking to buy a trawler-style boat and enjoy boating on a different level. Almost the entire Great Loop is just a day's drive away from our current home, so I don't think it will ever be easier for us to explore the rivers, lakes, ICW, and some open water that make up the big circle.

I've enjoyed your forum for years. Thank you to those who developed it and especially to all of you who contribute so much knowledge and good humor to the forum. I've learned so much here and have not even scratched the surface.

Our search has started to get serious now for our first larger (to us) trawler style boat. My wife is fully on board for this adventure, so we are learning each day and your forum is certainly a part of it.

I hope we make this idea into a reality and begin this adventure. Maybe someday we will know enough to contribute and help someone else about to dip their toe into the trawler water. Anyway, thanks for a great resource for one looking to learn more about trawler life.

Welcome to TF. Enjoy the search for your trawler. Keep us up to date.

Welcome and best of luck in your adventure

This past weekend put another trip in the books (along the TN River) to look at a couple of more trawlers that seemed to fit our needs/desires. With each boat seen our short "must have" list gains clarity and we see the compromises that come with various styles of trawlers. We learn a lot with each boat and by reading threads here on TF. This trawler search is quite a process -- and I know most of you have been through it more than once. Though not in a hurry, we look forward to the right boat crossing our path and will be ready when that happens.

Welcome aboard. We lived in Tucson for 30 years before retiring and moving to Michigan. We now are able to live on the water...

Back
Top Bottom