Marine Connection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been there many times. A nice outing. They have tons of stuff, some good some not so much. Worth a visit.

Its hit or miss on finding old parts...(been there dozens of times with lists and prices)

Their prices for used parts are high unless you negotiate.

They have a good record for phone assistance so when in doubt, call them and check.

A bunch of us TFers met in Ft. Pierce earlier this year and made the trip to mecca between dock parties. We carpooled with an empty pickup truck to haul all the booty home.

I had high hopes of finding a replacement Icom CommandMic (close but no cigar) and an old Standard DS-2 Depth Sounder to replace the old box that recently died aboard. That was strike two! But there are acres of boat parts, new and used. I think we spent close to an hour just poking around. Some found what they were looking for but we didn't buy anything big enough to need the truck's bed.

I'll go back next time I'm in town. Also enjoyed the nearby Navy Seal Museum.

Their prices for used parts are high unless you negotiate.

We have Boaters Resale here in Kemah, TX. but Marine Connection looks to be about 4x the size.

Boaters Resale though has a lot of stuff on consignment and they wont negotiate because of that. Is Marine Connection the same? Or do they own all of their inventory?

We have Boaters Resale here in Kemah, TX. but Marine Connection looks to be about 4x the size.

Boaters Resale though has a lot of stuff on consignment and they wont negotiate because of that. Is Marine Connection the same? Or do they own all of their inventory?

Not sure....

It’s a must stop if in Ft Pierce.

Sailor's Exchange in St Augustine, Marine Connection, and Sailorman in Ft Lauderdale were regular haunts of mine in Florida. Augmented by the various flea markets, especially Dania. I kept an ongoing list of stuff to look out for. Wonderful resources.

Sailor's Exchange in St Augustine, Marine Connection, and Sailorman in Ft Lauderdale were regular haunts of mine in Florida. Augmented by the various flea markets, especially Dania. I kept an ongoing list of stuff to look out for. Wonderful resources.

Don't get me started on Nautical Swap Meets! Just stumbled upon the local nautical swap meet in Napa, CA and scored big. Got over $200 worth of parts for under $50. My summer shopping list is complete.

1. 50A-30A adapter (That's a sharpie mark, not a burn mark in the photo)
2. West Marine Boat Pole
3. West Marine SS Rod Holder
4. 2 sanitation Y valves (broke 2 this year! :facepalm:)
5. Large Carabiner
6. Wichard SS Mooring Hook
7. 3 rolls of Rescue Tape (1-1 inch, 2-1 1/2 inch)
8. Laminated Trash Plan
9. 2 misc plumbing adapters
10. 2 Cape Hatteras line chafe protectors

Attachments

• swap meet.jpg
    swap meet.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Don't get me started on Nautical Swap Meets! Just stumbled upon the local nautical swap meet in Napa, CA and scored big. Got over $200 worth of parts for under $50. My summer shopping list is complete.

1. 50A-30A adapter (That's a sharpie mark, not a burn mark in the photo)

I looked at a 50-30a adapter the other day at our resale shop... it was priced at $199. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom