City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
1975 Crestliner "Stinger" 14'8" tow behind or side tie "dink"

- 50 hp. 1975 Johnson [max rated hp. and sweet!]
- 4 comfort-cushioned seats
- Full canopy
- Manual-twist windshield wiper on pilot side
- 2 - 6 gal gas tanks
- Mechanically [bolt] adjustable trim tabs - - > get the tabs set into perfect position and locate perfect trim-set slide link position for motor ... then, leave em both alone from there on out for great planing and fun. I set these two trim conditions up first weekend we used her [took a couple hrs. experimenting]; haven't changed position of either in 8 yrs.!
- Plenty storage up front and under/alongside seats
- Non skid, easy clean original lino floor
- Full running lights
- 25 nmph gentle cruise with Linda and me
- GPS 39.8 nmph otg in slack tide with just me and couple gallons gas

We store her on trailer in our marina's fenced and locked outdoor area with full cover on all of boat and engine cowling. Launch her whenever we get chance to cruise/anchor out.

This is best size "dink" for us. Do lots of gunk-holing as well as visiting boater friends many miles away from where we anchor. Also go to different ports o' call in the SF Delta and dine at various restaurants. She'll easily and comfortably seat four adults and reach plane in seconds for fast ride. Fuel usage at 25 knots with just Linda and I [the way it is 95% of the time] is some where between 13 to 15 nmpg. One 6 gal gas tank lasts for 3 + hrs. with us two at 25 knots.

Owned this Crestliner for 8 yrs. In those 8 yrs.; spent a few hundred bucks for marina's resident mechanic's shop - new lower end seals, carb rebuild, new starter. I put in new batt and one used but good 6 gal metal gas tank; the other one sprang a moist-seep on lower seam.

Boats ["dinks"] such as this classic Crestliner Johnson o/b that are really in great shape can be found on Craigslist. To do so you need to check every AM early for that day's ad entry and then check that eve too. When you see one it is best to immediately make phone and email contact... with plan to go see it that eve or first thing next morning - cash in hand. These jewels usually don't last for more than a day; then pouf the ad and opportunity is gone. Prices range from low $1k's to mid $6K's. Almost always with trailer included. Some are a steal in great condition... some not so much. Buyer be ware!!

First three picts were in CL sales ad. Last one is us playing!

BTW - the ad was less than one hr. old when I called in eve. I was at the boat 100 miles away at 9 AM next morning. Owner told me there had been seven calls since mine and that he just knew from how I sounded on phone that I'd make my 9 AM appointment. He even mentioned that one caller had said he'd give him a $300 pump-up in price if he'd sell it to that caller. The owner was a great guy and let me know he would have called the $300 "bump-up" guy if I was not there by 10 AM. Gotta move fast with Ca$h in hand on deals such as this!!!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1954.jpg   DSCN1955.jpg   DSCN1959.jpg   WC - A-OK!_Delta Canal 100_0435.jpg  
Art is offline   Reply With Quote