Active Captain fuel lists?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kchace

Guru
Vessel Name
Shalloway
Vessel Make
Defever 44, twin Perkins
I can no longer find the Active Captain fuel lists. Are they gone?

Ken

Familiar with the waterway guide ones?

I found them to be very user friendly and accurate...as long as you can get the web.

Active Captain is worthless now that Garmin took it over. There is no fuel list anymore. You can get to see the marines that sell fuel by clicking on SHOW FILTERS than check gas or diesel. Doing this will show only the mariners that sell fuel and block out all the others.

Familiar with the waterway guide ones?

I found them to be very user friendly and accurate...as long as you can get the web.

Yes and I guess I'll be getting a lot more familiar with them. So sad about whats been happening with Active Captain.

Cruiser's Net is also good for Virginia south.

The advantage they and Waterway Guide have over AC is that they proactively call fuel docks on a regular basis, so you are not dependent on someone visiting.

Active Captain is just about useless now that they have taken the routing feature out. I used to use it to figure distances between supporting marinas.

Cruisers Net and Waterway Guide are both excellent resources and both cover a very small portion of the world of boating. If you're boating in their area, great. Otherwise, they don't help you.

Back
Top Bottom