Mainship Door Lock Assy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Ron D

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Seas the Moment
Vessel Make
Mainship 400
Folks,

I own a 2007 Mainship 400. The cabin to cockpit has two doors. The LH door has pins to hold it in the closed position, one at top and one at bottom. The RH door Latches to that door with a handle inside and out, and a turn knob on the inside and a key tumbler assy in the cockpit side. It is a 'DESTRA' #2035 and I understand they are made in Italy.

I have made numerous contacts with locksmith folks etc. and cannot locate either a replacement DESTRA #2035 assembly, or a suitable replacement.

Do any of you Mainship folks have a clue as to whether the DESTRA #2035 is still available OR if there is a substitute assembly that will fit the existing holes in the doors.

Any help would be most appreciated.
'Captain Ron' D

Mainship Expedition door latches

I have two flip latches (top and bottom) on the french door salon doors on my 2009 Mainship Expedition. The top latch works fine but the flip latch/unlatch on the bottom doesn't operate. I can flip it but the post doesn't go into the frame to secure the door. I've tried to take the mechanism out but I don't want to break it. Anybody have this experience? Maybe a locksmith that is familiar with boats?

Look at the Perko locks, at Fishermans' supply or elsewhere. I found an (expensive) replacement for the door lock there, but an still trying to fix the one I have before buying new.

I have a 2004 MS 400 and lost the keys to the aft cabin door. Went to a locksmith and bought a new "Sliding Door" lock barrel that fit just fine. To do that I had to remove the barrel and bring it to the locksmith so he could see what I was talking about, but he had no problem finding a suitable replacement.

I was successful in finding one at a marine swap meet. It was made in Italy and was a 'spare' to prior owner. Have not been able to find one in any of the marine stores here in Sandy Eggo. Sorry. If I come across another I will buy it and contact you. Ron

I had a similar issue on my 400. Ended up running seizing wire thru the door knob to keep it from spinning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom