bolt on seacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tator

Guru
Vessel Name
Oz
Vessel Make
Bluewater 40' RPH 1979
I can't figure what the purpose is of the small slotted bolt that is on the tapered end of a my seacocks. It's on a piece that fits under the nut that holds the tapered plug in place. Any idea?

How about posting a picture.

Ted

Thanks for the input. The website doesn't mention or show the bolt I'm talking about. As my boat is 20 miles away and scheduled to go into the water later today and I have limited cellphone access, I will try to do a better description than the one late last night after a long day and a stiff manhattan. The bolt is mounted in the jam washer and appears to screw against the end of the barrel of the seacock. I have one on three of my seacocks.

Thanks,Tator

Is it a plug in a passage to drain the interior of the tapered plug to eliminate freezing damage? Some ball valve seacocks have such drains in the body of the valve.

David

What model/year/length boat is that? Adding to your profile would be helpful.

tapered plug sacocks often have a bolt on the end opposite the lever that is used to loosen and tighten the seacock. It must be loosened to open/close the seacock

tapered plug sacocks often have a bolt on the end opposite the lever that is used to loosen and tighten the seacock. It must be loosened to open/close the seacock

Thanks, I believe this is the answer.

tator

Back
Top Bottom