View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Tom.B
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Promising? Sure. But you will excuse me while I am very skeptical of the whole thing. I have said for years, on every customer satisfaction survey I have gotten from them, that in today’s market and with today’s online competition, WM is completely missing the boat and are more of the last resort for shoppers of marine supplies. It even nears joke status. And the fact that they stayed with this business model for so long just served to give me even more reason to dislike them. But, as is the irony here, I am often cornered into shopping there due to the lack of brick-and-mortar competition in our area.

Moreover, as we discussed before on the price match thread, the “new” price matching policy is the most disingenuous thing any business can do. On one hand, they will give you a better price just for the asking, but on the other hand, they will continue to leave the item on the shelf at full retail (or more). Passing the buck to you... not them... as the mechanism to prevent you from getting ripped off. Just put the stuff on the shelf at competitive prices and be done with it!

We will see. I am certainly the first one to hope that I am wrong.