SeaPiper 35 Trawler New Build Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Jeff. You answered my question.
No, I don't think I would've mounted it there. It looks like maybe there might be room for a small dink on the cabin top.
Something about the boat intrigues me. I'll be looking for one to make it's debut on the East Coast!

Have any been additional Seapipers been delivered yet?

Last edited:
In SoCal its mostly about lobsters, not crabs. But good luck getting a license to get them commercially. Some of the old timers have transferable permits and they go for big bucks. With that said, I suppose you could use that winch for recreational purposes.

I absolutely disagree with the decision to limit the beam to 8.5 ft. for a vessel of this length. It's not that hard, or expensive, to obtain permits for loads up to 10 ft. wide in most states. In North Carolina, for example, recreational boats are exempted from permits for widths up to 10 ft.

I regularly trailer a center console with a 9.5 ft. beam. A foot of beam makes a big difference in a small boat.

Have any been additional Seapipers been delivered yet?

So far Hull #1 is the only SeaPiper that has been delivered. Hulls two through five are under construction and being tweaked as Seapiper continues to improve the build process. I am looking forward to seeing one in person at some point. Well equipped with a SeaKeeper 2 gyro for under $215K, it would make a potent and seaworthy little cruising trawler.

The Ranger Tug 31 and the Great Harbour TT35 are also cruising boats of a similar overall length, but at $300K + each, I think that there is a lot of value in the SeaPiper. When I started this thread I said it was not for everyone, but it offers a unique niche and I wish the company well. I am very impressed with the company's build quality and attention to detail.

Last edited:
I suspect the davit is just reminder of Seapiper's heritage.
The pilot house roof 'begs' for some solar panels.

Is it your boat,or are you associated with SeaPiper?

I work for the broker selling the boat for Seapiper in Dana Point. The boat is on our dock in front of our office.

I found this thread while researching the boat, and uploaded pics to dispel the visibility rumors.

BTW it's a major pain to use this site. I can't comment using cell, as it returns "too many redirects" errors. Have to wait till I'm on wifi. Also uploading pics was no picnic, hense the multiple postings. Took awhile to figure out the workaround. Plus other things.
So if I'm late responding, or give up altogether, you'll know why :)

The boat is nice. Not amazing fit and finish. Varnish is reminiscent of Chinese rataan furniture. It does look nice; just ignore the edges.
Opening ports are aluminum framed, but the panes and hinges are cheesy. The hinge covers readily fall off. Would just remove them and discard.
Head door is a flimsy 2 piece thing. Might work.
Several other things look like they hadn't figured out how to do it yet.
Some interior damage or marginal fitting during construction or shipment.
The marble(ish) trash can lid on the galley countertop will fly across the cabin in the first wake.
It's like a new Bayliner, except obviously heavier duty to the eyes and touch.
I still love it for previously stated reasons, flaws disregarded. As I said a utility cruiser with modern equipment and accommodations.

The Sea Piper sold.
They fixed several things on it. Very nice and ready for new owners.
Next one will be available November. Others are in production special order.
Price for subsequent boats has gone up to $189k base.

I am sure the boat has a place in the boat world. I wish the company great success with this boat.
Its an entry point at $195K but, considerably more after adding equipment. Yes, that happens with every boat, boy howdy do we all know that. When broker says, "cruise ready", I'm sure most of us just smile while compiling a mental list of "things to do" and "things to add".
It appears "well equipped boat" will set a person back close the $300K.
To be honest, I do believe I have spent, over time, close to $50K+ on my boat, making it "well equipped cruise ready" boat. I hope the next owner is semi-happy. Of course he/she will complain the, electronic need updating. SHRUG

I am sure the boat has a place in the boat world. I wish the company great success with this boat.
Its an entry point at $195K but, considerably more after adding equipment.

I agree. I hope they are successful as well. I like that someone is trying something unique. For the right application, I think it looks like a great boat.

I agree. I hope they are successful as well. I like that someone is trying something unique. For the right application, I think it looks like a great boat.

I think it might make a great ICW boat and a great looper.
Venturing outside of the ICW will take some serious weather watching and planning.

I would love for someone, other than the sales person, telling me what the appeal of it would be and to whom. I am impressed by what they say on their site as their key features, but then it just seems to me that with the 8'6" limitation they haven't left much boat to use. It has a feel of a 24' boat rather than a 35' and that's not surprising as most 35's would have an 11-12' beam.

I thought of it perhaps working as a trailerable, camping, lake boat. Take it to different inland bodies of water and spend the cruising time on the spacious bow. I don't see it for coastal cruising as I see everyone forced into the small salon frequently. Perhaps all ICW would be ok. Talking loop, I could see using the ICW and never going outside, and a great boat in the canals. However, I see it hugging shore and waiting for weather windows on the Great Lakes and not a good match to the Mississippi.

In fairness, most boats only appeal to a small part of the boating public. I'm just trying to understand and better appreciate the appeal of this boat.

The Seapiper looks interesting to me. However, it is too big and heavy to be a real trailerable boat. It needs to be moved, not trailered.

IMO, if you covered the mid deck with a bimini or canvas enclosure it would be a good looper or canal boat.

It is not the type of boat that you can keep on a trailer in your backyard and take out for an afternoon on a nice day.

That said, if someone wants to give me one to try out, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom