Seakeeper 2 for 27’ to 32’ boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lot of guys putting them on their upper tier center console fishing boats; wonderful thing to have on the drift. Not sure if I've heard of a 12volt one being used yet.

At $22,700 plus installation I think I'll pass for now. If it were $5,000 I'd be tempted.

I agree with Dwhatty. There are so many other goodies that I would buy for $20k before I bought one of these.

Very cool though! Im sure lots of new smaller boats will offer them as an option in the future

At $22,700 plus installation I think I'll pass for now. If it were $5,000 I'd be tempted.

Me-thinks it would be in the ballpark if you were considering paravanes or stabilizing fins.

Me-thinks it would be in the ballpark if you were considering paravanes or stabilizing fins.

Yeah, but who in the 27-32' boat segment is shopping for fins or paravanes??

Yeah, but who in the 27-32' boat segment is shopping for fins or paravanes??

Lots of commercial fishing boats in the 30’ range on the BC coast with paravanes.

This is daydreaming / lotto winning stuff for me, but find it interesting.

Just roll your hips and find a course that’s fine.
Fly stuff

Already on the options list for the the SeaPiper 35.

I was recently able to experience the 12V Seakeeper on a center console boat with Healhustler (Larry). The Seakeeper rep was demonstrating it in the harbor and let four of us board the boat. We all got the boat rocking pretty good using our weight, and when he flipped the switch to activate it was pretty amazing how quickly it stopped the roll.

The only drawback (other than the steep price) is the high pitch whine, but I would probably get used to that after a few hours.

I have only used the SK5 a few times on our new boat and the noise level is very low, especially with the hatch closed. IE, you can't hear it with the engine and gen running. It takes about 2 hours to spool down. With the engine and gen off at the dock, it is very low, and decreases as at it goes from 10,600 to 0.

Probably the only reason I could hear the whine so much is we were just idling in the harbor, and the engines were quiet four stroke outboards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom