Thread: GPH efficiency?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #105
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwesson View Post
Not saying it's not worth it to some people but is it a major yearly cost of owning that boat?
Wifey B: Everyone has to define "major" in their own terms. That's back to the point with the OP. Was $500 major? To his partner it was. Others argued whether fuel is or not. Well, it's what it is to the person talking.

Isn't it about expectations? If it's within expectations, within budget, then I don't think of it as major. If it's a sizable amount you didn't plan for, then it is.

To a non-boater, often the first time they see you fill up with fuel and it's $500 or $2000 it's a bit of a shock. They're use to 15 gallons in their car. To me, golf is shocking. We don't play much and only occasionally with friends who are avid golfers. We're use to tennis and probably my tennis outfits are the most expensive part of the sport. Court fees aren't bad. But golf. Greens fees, cart rental. Not cheap even on a public course, but some of the exclusive clubs, omg sticker shock to a non-golfer. And the really good golfers and all their clubs, they pay $500 and more for a single golf club and it takes 14+. We have two girl friends who are scratch golfers and they don't buy their clubs at Walmart.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote