Military Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronZebra

Vessel Name
Zia Harmony
Vessel Make
Atlas Acadia 25
Saw the recent post on looking in Pensacola for a marina and made me think of a different question (did not want to hijack that thread with a new question).

We were in Pensacola about 2 years ago for a vacation and stayed at the Navy Lodge on base (I am retired Navy). While there we went down and visited the base marina. Was very nice with a number of open slips. Made me wonder.......

Is there a list somewhere of military marinas with contact info and criteria to use?

If they do, I’d like that link! Will be watching this thread.

Ahttps://www.cnic.navy.mil/ffr/fleet_readiness/food_and_beverage_programs/marinas_and_sailing.htmlnd this one,

I think I might make a FOIA request to each branch and see if I can compile a list.

Hi,
The Skipper Bob website used to publish a list of military marinas along the Great Loop.
Good luck
Roger

On request from Waterway Guide if you are retired...they will email it to you.

Pretty sure WG took over Skipper Bob.

Not sure its complete, but has most, from my quick scan...not all that up to date.

Active Captain might be up to date but not sure you can just find military out of the mass of data.

Patrick AFB has a marina for current and retired military. I know they have been rebuilding it after the previous three hurricanes. Psneeld could tell you how it was on his last trip buy.

The downside is that you have to loop up around Dragon Point into the banana river from the intracoastal to get to the PAFB marina. The Banana River is shallow and does not have dredged channels all the way from Port Canaveral down to PAFB or the intracoastal.

https://www.gopatrickfl.com/marina.html

We have a retired friend that has spent some time at JAX NAS, Mulberry Cove Marina. They have docks and moorings. He had mentioned that they are time and live aboard restrictions but it sounded like a pretty good benefit for those who are serving/served.

Is there a list somewhere of military marinas with contact info and criteria to use?

I have seen marina info imbedded in Morale, Welfare, and Support (MWS) sites, and I think I have a compilation site for all MWS facilities bookmarked on our home computer. I don't remember it being difficult to find.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom