Stainless Steel Ratchet Straps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
Found a source for some quality s/s ratchet straps to tie down my dinghy. These are rated at 1000 lbs working load and come with a 10’ adjustable length. At less than $17.00 each it seems to be a pretty fair price. IMHO.
1" x 10' BLACK Ratchet Strap w/ Stainless Steel Ratchet & Double J Hooks

IMG_4609.jpgIMG_4610.jpgIMG_4611.jpgIMG_4612.jpg

Chinesium. Good luck with them staying “stainless” but they do look good now!

That’s a nice strap.

I like to use webbing for a lot of things. I usually keep some D-rings and threading plates plus some 1” webbing handy. I can make straps of any length I want, no sewing required.

Suncor Stainless makes a lot of nice hardware for webbing.
Webbing Hardware | Suncor Stainless

I had a bow line come loose on my dingy in a storm once and turned around to see the dingy missing from my sun deck. It had flipped up and over backwards and landed in the cockpit upside down. I think it had shifted and that allowed the line to come loose and probably that was all that was required when the next wave washed over. Nothing to do about it, I had a hard enough time hanging on to the wheel to keep from going over myself. These look nice!

Nice looking strap. Did you do the magnet test?

Amazon has them for $25 with free shipping. Good reviews and claim both 316 stainless as well as 304.

Paul

I just got some from McMaster-Carr last week for about $55 each.

I've encountered a handful of devices like these that are stainless, but the internal springs are not. I'll be real interested to hear how the springs hold up long term. I have bought a lot of stuff from US Cargo Control (USCC) over the years, and they appear to be the manufacturer of the OPs straps. They make what I think are called cam lock straps too in stainless for lighter loads. We use them for Kayaks and other misc deck stuff.

I've encountered a handful of devices like these that are stainless, but the internal springs are not. I'll be real interested to hear how the springs hold up long term. I have bought a lot of stuff from US Cargo Control (USCC) over the years, and they appear to be the manufacturer of the OPs straps. They make what I think are called cam lock straps too in stainless for lighter loads. We use them for Kayaks and other misc deck stuff.

Oops, wrong place for the cam lock straps. I got them here https://www.strapworks.com/Stainless_Steel_Cam_Straps_p/sscs1h.htm

So far so good for lighter loads where a ratchet isn't needed.

Great price and look good very curious to see how they last thanks for sharing

Just received one from Amazon. All non magnetic except for weak magnetism in some of the bolts. Otherwise very high quality.

Paul

I just got some from McMaster-Carr last week for about $55 each.

After seeing this thread, I took a peek at mine yesterday and yes, the spring has already started to rust. Dammit! Oh well.

I've been getting them from the same place as the opee on this thread. 1" x 10' BLACK Ratchet Strap w/ Stainless Steel Ratchet & Double J Hooks

I have two pairs, one pair I got two and 1/2 years ago and the other I bought about a year ago. They live on my dinghy which is mounted to the swim platform in salt water (Florida and the Bahamas). Both sets still look new, with no rust anywhere that I have noticed. I'm very pleased with the quality.

I've been getting them from the same place as the opee on this thread. 1" x 10' BLACK Ratchet Strap w/ Stainless Steel Ratchet & Double J Hooks

I have two pairs, one pair I got two and 1/2 years ago and the other I bought about a year ago. They live on my dinghy which is mounted to the swim platform in salt water (Florida and the Bahamas). Both sets still look new, with no rust anywhere that I have noticed. I'm very pleased with the quality.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom