View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #73
capeshore
Veteran Member

City: Boston Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerang View Post
You've really been pouring the coal on the repairs & they look first class ,too. The rechromed fuel fills are works of art & the deck drains are impressive.

Thanks Boomerang, much appreciated. Such a large project can swallow you at times so nice to hear.
Chroming was done by South Shore Plating in Quincy,MA. Fellow boat club member, great guy and is very familiar with doing Marine hardware. Just wanted to post here as I've been tying to list out where I have bought stuff etc as to hopefully help a future reader. I'm sure South Shore Plating would ship and do boat hardware so good to add here.
Deck drains- I got the idea from a great MK1 rehab website called :
34' Mainship Trawler - 1978 '34 Mainship Trawler Micro Yacht Renovations

Truly an amazing total rehab they did. Its unreal and I saw these deck drains in there photos and searched for weeks for them. Found them on Ebay. One other vendor online had them as well if I remember. Here they are all caulked and screwed in last night, port side wall panel and some GFCI outlets tonight and a beer as it's been a long week and I'll bet I run out of steam early tonight..I try to always do something for the boat each day not easy while being a business owner and working about 60 hours a week. :
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1439.jpg   IMG_1438.jpg  
capeshore is offline   Reply With Quote