Hazard in Everette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nautibeaver

Vessel Name
NautiBeaver
Vessel Make
Nordlund 68'
I was greatly tested this past weekend after returning from my annual shrimp/fishing trip in the San Juan’s. I tried to return to our marina with my mathers controls acting up (hopefully I have fixed the issue.) when I put the port engine in reverse gear it went into gear and jumped to 1300 rpms (with all the fun of black smoke from fuel overload.) I knew I was going to have to limp into the dock because of this with a 15-18knot wind.

Only to go to turn the corner into the marina from the Snohomish river and can’t get in because of two guys which I can only assume have been drinking all day, doing circles (rudder hard right.) in the narrow opening. There were 3 boats waiting to get in and all us in the river and with the wind. This lasted for 10 minutes until a someone was kind enough to help them out of the way with their dingy.

It was a test in patients for sure.

IMG_6770.jpg

Y'all need to have a Spud Gun on board and a bag of ammo, err, I mean potatoes.

I did have a bag of potatoes.....

A big horn blast and a water cannon!

Sound very LOUD horn (got it). Present steel hull with SS ice-plate at bow (got it). Call the USCG or Homeland Security and report nefarious behavior! (got radio). Call the cops! Call the cops! as per Heckle and Jeckle ... Shoot cannon (got it). Need five-minutes notice, however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom