Where to buy furniture for trawlers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kim and I just purchased this system from Home Reserve and found it real comfy, lots of storage and built pretty good. Will have a vid of the install coming soon. Kim likes it and that's all that really counts. Fit the space we had

Is it pretty napable? Can you stretch out and fall asleep to the TV? Not that anyone does that on our boat....but just in case! :eek:

I like the concept and it is very affordable compared to some other options!

How would you rate the flexsteel for nap-ability?

Ours had pros and cons, latter being about size in our particular installation. Seemed to be good construction, decent "leather" (I forget the name of the stuff)...

But ours was too short lengthwise and too skinny widthwise for napping, for me. Wifey thought it great, since it fitter her better. But the length, at least, was governed by the available space in the boat, and it was about 1 foot too short for me. Later models of our same boat eliminated a locker at one end of where the couch lived, and that probably solved the length issue. IOW, nap-ability wasn't really a Flexsteel quality problem.

-Chris

We’ve seen several Euro-style recliners on line—sans ottoman—we’d like to consider. The trick is finding any to try before we buy. So far, only the Thomas Payne recliner is available to actually sit in—because RV dealers carry them. Floor stock for most marine applications seems to be scarce. So do most folks just buy their furniture and hope for the best?

All good info for sure. But I am seeking a sectional type sofa for exterior use - on the topside of my trawler. Any ideas out there as to where I might find something?

I asked for a quote from Glastop. I almost passed out when I saw their response. If I owned a 55 foot Nordhavn sure. I went with homereserve.

I second Comodave...but cheap out on him. Fjord brand chairs. Clones of Ekornes brand for us folks on a budget. I think the stress less chairs com standard on KKs don’t they?

Google pontoon boat chairs for exterior. Also the Home Depot /Lowe’s exterior furniture. Many sectional pieces with sun tells optional.

Laney on order :)

Kim and I just purchased this system from Home Reserve and found it real comfy, lots of storage and built pretty good. Will have a vid of the install coming soon. Kim likes it and that's all that really counts. Fit the space we had

Ours is on order, should be arriving June 4th or so. :)

I got a futon from World Market (???) for $400. Cushions removable and end frames flip down to make a decent bed. I can take it out of the pilothouse by myself if I need to lift engine hatch. Really works great for my ride.

Back
Top Bottom