New build - Hampton Endurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Several new blog posts over the past couple days, including the long awaited LAZARETTE TOUR!

Thanks for the updates Bob. Nice choice on the flybridge bench. My guess is that the third chair wouldn't have gotten a lot of use and the bench will get used a lot.

Needless to say, I'm envious of your laz workspace. Why the door at the bottom of the steps? Is it to make it quieter in the salon?

Thanks for the updates Bob. Nice choice on the flybridge bench. My guess is that the third chair wouldn't have gotten a lot of use and the bench will get used a lot.

Needless to say, I'm envious of your laz workspace. Why the door at the bottom of the steps? Is it to make it quieter in the salon?

Agreed on the chair!

Yes, we found that when underway closing off the crew quarters area did make some difference in noise level (already excellent). I was also thinking that at some point I may be using some solvents or other smelly products and didn't want those wafting up into the living space.

The method of closing off the space on the regular builds is creative, but I think kind of cumbersome.

Bob, thanks for the blog...I'm enjoying following along! Can't wait to see Mahalo in the PNW!

Bob, will you be putting crates/containers on the floor for parts storage? If so are there tie down points? The lazaratte configuration is incredible, heck it is bigger then some apartments in Seattle! You have done an incredible job customizing her. :thumb:

Bob, will you be putting crates/containers on the floor for parts storage? If so are there tie down points? The lazaratte configuration is incredible, heck it is bigger then some apartments in Seattle! You have done an incredible job customizing her. :thumb:

I actually spec'd these cleats:

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/surface-mount-folding-cleats

And probably they are with the boat, but while there I totally forgot about them. But around that space would obviously be the best place.

I would put crates there as a last resort. That's kind of a goto spot for storing my inflatable kayaks (shown here ) when they are stowed in their duffle bags. This area is also large enough for bicycles, which we do not have now, but who knows.

There is a lot of storage in the portuguese bridge, and a HUGE space under the flybridge helm. Could probably fit a dozen huge bins in there if we want to.

She's on her way!

Attachments

• shipping-9062.jpg
    shipping-9062.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 97
  • shipping-9079.jpg
    shipping-9079.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 92
Question out of curiosity

I see a decent number of Hampton's here in South Florida, have Captain friend who manages a couple. Don't picture them having a very big PNW presence. Do you see many there?

There appear to be three major groups of Hamptons. PNW, Ft. Lauderdale and Australia with a random scattering of them in other places.

Holy cow, Mahalo is riding the Arc down to the shipyard! These are going to the longest 2 1/2 weeks for Bob....

shipping-9092_orig.jpg

Question out of curiosity

I see a decent number of Hampton's here in South Florida, have Captain friend who manages a couple. Don't picture them having a very big PNW presence. Do you see many there?

I checked. There are about 30 Hamptons here in the PNW. I have seen maybe 5, but then again I only started noticing them a year ago.

The guy that just bought (now selling his Bayliner) is shipping his Hampton Endurance from Florida to B.C.

I checked. There are about 30 Hamptons here in the PNW. I have seen maybe 5, but then again I only started noticing them a year ago.

The guy that just bought (now selling his Bayliner) is shipping his Hampton Endurance from Florida to B.C.

A lot more Hamptons out there than people realize. I was amazed at how many in Australia.

A lot more Hamptons out there than people realize. I was amazed at how many in Australia.

Yes given the quality and relative value, it's surprising the don't have the mindshare of a Fleming/Nordhavn/etc. I think that will change over time. I know of several people that came to the same conclusion I did.

Yes given the quality and relative value, it's surprising the don't have the mindshare of a Fleming/Nordhavn/etc. I think that will change over time. I know of several people that came to the same conclusion I did.

They may not have the mindshare but they sell more boats. People don't realize how many boats Hampton, Horizon, Outer Reef and Cheoy Lee and other Chinese builders (such as Helmsman) sell, nor the fact they are all capable of building good boats. For true irony, I was speaking to a Captain one day who was talking about how he'd never own a Chinese boat as he sat working away on his iPad with his iPhone in his pocket.

Ahoy Bob,

Are we looking at a light cover for the shuttle trip to the big ship? Will that cover stay on then MAHALO goes below deck?

Happy for you...

Ahoy Bob,

Are we looking at a light cover for the shuttle trip to the big ship? Will that cover stay on then MAHALO goes below deck?

Happy for you...

Yeah, kind of like pajamas, eh? Yes I believe it will stay on while inside the ship. I wrote it in the contract that the boat had to go inside the ship. There is a boat here in Seattle that was shipped outside with the containers, and it sustained some damage in a storm (not a Hampton).

Exciting stuff!

Well, new arrival date range is May 18-20. For some IDIOTIC reason (lol) the ship is going to Vancouver before Seattle. Glad it has cleared Japanese waters though.

Attachments

• barc1.jpg
    barc1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 122
The excitement is building!!!! You get to watch her pass you then back to Seattle...

Alaska friends, wave as she goes by!

Attachments

• barcelonatrack.jpg
    barcelonatrack.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 102
Bob, you will get her just in time for the best Washington weather!

Hector

I think so! Although, this past winter, there have been so many days that would be just fine for boating in our boat.

She's getting close! New offload date is Monday the 21st.

Quite a few new blog posts in the last 10 days...

Attachments

• vanc.jpg
    vanc.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom