Aspiring trawler owner...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russellmn

Hi all! Thanks for reading this, I'm dreaming of the day I own a trawler! It will be a few years out yet, but I'm young (ish) so I have time. I'm 38 now, will be debt free other than my mortgage in less than 2 years. After that I will be saving up to buy a used 34-44' trawler with cash. I have grown to hate debt so I will NOT be getting a loan for it.

I plan to dock it in Lake Superior at first and use it for a weekend/vacation rig on the Great Lakes. My retirement plan is to have a year long retirement party completing the Great Loop.

Looking forward to learning more about the various makers of trawlers and what qualities each has. Please go easy on me if I ask a question that everyone else has already asked!

Welcome Russell from MN, from another Great Lakes boater. Lots to learn here and great people to learn from. Enjoy!

Welcome to the group Dave Ramsey.

" After that I will be saving up to buy a used 34-44' trawler with cash. I have grown to hate debt so I will NOT be getting a loan for it. "

Good for you, that is wise! One thing that was not negotiable for us when shopping was being able to write a check for this type of purchase. You'll have plenty of time to study and categorize what will make your ideal boat.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome

Russell this is the BEST place to spend a few years doing your research

Welcome and good call coming from a cash position! See about attending some trawlerfest events and the sessions they provide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom