New boat owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickyD

Guru
Vessel Name
Aquarius
Vessel Make
Californian 55 CPMY
I am just completing the purchase process on a 1991 Californian 55. Very happy to be back into a trawler. I’m sure I’ll have questions for the group as this proceeds. Yippee

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a nice boat.

Welcome. Please post pics of your new boat!

I am just completing the purchase process on a 1991 Californian 55. Very happy to be back into a trawler. I’m sure I’ll have questions for the group as this proceeds. Yippee

Here is a picture as requested. She does not look her age.

Well actually I don't see the picture. Not sure how to do this.

To post pictures do I first have to add them to my album and post from there? Also I suppose there is no auto-size function to this software so I have to down size photos to post or they wont go, right?

Attachments

• Starboard.jpg
    Starboard.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 139
Ok, I got it. Never mind.

Attachments

• Galley.jpg
    Galley.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Dinette.jpg
    Dinette.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Salon.jpg
    Salon.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 149
  • sundeck3.jpg
    sundeck3.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 152
Wow! Great looking boat. Thanks for the pics.

Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

Very nice boat, saw it on yachtworld and made me dream!

L

Beautiful!! Looks brand new! What power??

Welcome aboard TF
Nice looking boat.
You mentioned getting back in...
Prior boat & experience?

Beautiful!! Looks brand new! What power??

She has twin Cat 3208's, 435 HP 1900 hours, 12kw genset, 4kw genset, Naiad stabilizers, and water maker.

Also, two davits, one for the bow and one for the hard top.

I plan to put in a Bow Thruster.

Attachments

• stb cat.jpg
    stb cat.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 80
Welcome aboard TF
Nice looking boat.
You mentioned getting back in...
Prior boat & experience?

I had a 32' Ericson sailboat from 1986 to 2006. Sold it to go the the dark side. In 2007 I bought a 1989 Lien Hwa 47 just before the great market crash. I was in sales and sales just stopped. I supported the boat for about 3 years and just had to let her go. Loved her though. I was looking for another 47/48 but I just couldn't let this 55 get away. I am a little worried about docking such a big boat all the time but maybe it will be the same as the 47. It will be painful paying the added slip fees and bottom cleaning but heck, you only live once.

I agree - great looking boat and congratulations, although I am a little confused re the layout - does it have two saloons - the two photos of the saloon appear different:confused:

I agree - great looking boat and congratulations, although I am a little confused re the layout - does it have two saloons - the two photos of the saloon appear different:confused:

Yes, I see what you mean Brissy. Also, that's not a trawler, that there's a small ship..! :D

I think the dinette is on a mezzanine level.:)
Nice boat, great condition, welcome aboard.

Welcome to TF, and welcome to the fun of boats in that size range.

I think the dinette is on a mezzanine level.:)
Nice boat, great condition, welcome aboard.

Sorry my limited number of pictures may be confusing. So, Aquarius has a queen island bed in the forward VIP berth. Then, on the same level the galley to port and the dinette to stb. Then continuing aft and up three steps is the saloon. The photo I posted of the saloon is looking down and forward. You can see the TV to port. Then, you go up another three steps to the sun deck. The picture of the very large sun deck is taken looking forward. You can see the steps leading up to the flybridge and down to the saloon. Straight ahead is the wet bar, to port is the couch and coffee table. Then there is the photo of the fishing cockpit with table and chairs. Yes she has lots of room for our family of two. Here are a couple more.

Attachments

• Bow view.jpg
    Bow view.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Fly chairs.jpg
    Fly chairs.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 67
  • Master bed.pg.jpg
    Master bed.pg.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 64
  • VIP bed.jpg
    VIP bed.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 64
Welcome and great looking boat

I had a 32' Ericson sailboat from 1986 to 2006. Sold it to go the the dark side. In 2007 I bought a 1989 Lien Hwa 47 just before the great market crash. I was in sales and sales just stopped. I supported the boat for about 3 years and just had to let her go. Loved her though. I was looking for another 47/48 but I just couldn't let this 55 get away. I am a little worried about docking such a big boat all the time but maybe it will be the same as the 47. It will be painful paying the added slip fees and bottom cleaning but heck, you only live once.
Go for it! Beautiful boat!

Back
Top Bottom