Going to the Dark Side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

williwaw

Vessel Make
Not yet--Still shopping
I am an aging sailor who now faces the inevitable conversion to power. Looking for a 32'-36' trawler under $100K (well under) on the mid-Atlantic east coast. Any leads?

I would start with Yachtworld. Boattrader is another source. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard. Lots of opportunities are available in your budget range. What features or styles are you favoring? Get aboard everything you can. Cruise the marinas. Talk to the owners. Most people love showing their boats.

Welcome your in a great area to find them in your range both Larry and Dave have good advice above, best of luck

Another good site is the Americas great Loop site, they have a good selection of reasonably priced trawlers, most have done the loop so are generally in quite good condition.

Here's a secret: It's not really that dark over here...... :)

Last edited:
Why perpetuate this "dark side" BS? I began appreciating power boats of exceptional design 10 or 15 years before selling our last cruising sailboat. Met some outstanding people in custom built boats, self-built vessels of their own design, and noteworthy stock powerboats. Knew enough by the time we were ready to trade that when an Albin-25 appeared on craigslist, we snapped it up; the Albin being trailerable anywhere, with a comfortable interior, yet economical.

Attachments

• DSCF1767.jpg
    DSCF1767.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 86
I am an aging sailor who now faces the inevitable conversion to power. Looking for a 32'-36' trawler under $100K (well under) on the mid-Atlantic east coast. Any leads?
Dear willi, I'm like you and found a good ol boat just when I was about to give up!;)

I ended with a Mainship Pilot 30 II after selling my sailboat. Wife doesn't need to climb stairs to the flybridge on the Pilot.

Back
Top Bottom