Today is the happiest day in my boating life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Punta Gorda is really nice. Does your condo have a dock? If so think about keeping the boat in the water when you’re there and rack storage when you’re away. If the boat is in the water behind the condo, you’ll use it more often.

Have you eaten at the Torch restaurant on 41? One of my favorites.

Congrats David!!! Punta Gorda is a great boating area and I agree with Hopcar look at a high and dry

Congrats on your sale.
Have you considered a small walk around like a Grady White Adventure?
Boat motor and trailer around 4500#. Easily powered with a 150 hp OB. You don't really need an enclosure in FL, just a bimini top.
The little C-Dory is a little strange. You basically stand on the hull insides.

Yes our condo has a dock behind it. I plan to keep the boat in the water at the dock for the 6 mo we live in PG. During the summer months I will pull it out of the water and store it on its trailer at a nearby storage yard. If I didn't have a trailer I would consider a rack storage facility.

There is a rack storage facility near by but I would bet it won't hold up in a Cat 3 or better hurricane. I will take my chances with land storage. I only hope it is high enough so my boat doesn't float off its trailer in a big storm surge.

The Torch is on our list. We have tried quite a few so far and FM Don's and the Blue Turtle are our favorites so far. But for good Tex-Mex you can't beat Deans South of the Border. Great local bands on weekends too. For fish I like Laishley's Crab House, but there are lots of good ones to choose from.

What I have found interesting is that the population of PG has dropped in half over the last few weeks. Places where we had to wait for a table, we can now walk right in. Restaurants are now posting reduced summer hours and some volunteer based public places like the Alligator Creek Nature Preserve have closed for the season.
By June when we leave for Connecticut I expect the population to drop further. This town really rolls up the sidewalks in the summer.

David

Last edited:
What I have found interesting is that the population of PG has dropped in half over the last few weeks. Places where we had to wait for a table, we can now walk right in. Restaurants are now posting reduced summer hours and some volunteer based public places like the Alligator Creek Nature Preserve have closed for the season.
By June when we leave for Connecticut I expect the population to drop further. This town really rolls up the sidewalks in the summer.

David

Yup, season is over. That’s why I was there last week. My friend who owns a house there had to go check on things after his winter tenant left. His boat, a twenty five Ft Aquasport, usually lives on a lift behind the house but his seawall was damaged in the last storm. He has it on the rack up Aligator Creek until his seawall, dock, and lift get fixed.

....The little C-Dory is a little strange. You basically stand on the hull insides.

How is that "strange"? You literally stand on the hull insides on lots of boats. Plenty that you don't too.

Greetings,
Re: Chamber pot. Also known as a Thunder Mug....
Aka a "gezunder" here, because it "goes under" the bed.
Seriously, thank you David,it can`t have been easy. To wax philosophical,as we go through life we find ourselves doing things we didn`t think we would, and not doing things we thought we always would.
"All part of life`s rich pageant"(RJ Burbidge QC)

David
May you have another 'happiest day of your life' soon. I believe the adage says their are two.

How about a little cat, Glacier Bay, or whatever. You could then get into the 'two engines are better than one' debate again! Most have a cuddy cabin for 'camping out' occasionally, are stable and have big floor areas.

And don't go away for any length of time!

Last edited:
You will be missed. Hopefully you will maintain a presence here. Good luck and good times with the new setup.

Back
Top Bottom