What Do You Use To Secure Your RIB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
When your RIB is on the deck in a cradle what type if tie downs do you use to keep it in place during rough weather?

My bow eye and stern eyes have ratchet straps, prevents forward or aft movement. Then a ratchet strap goes over the top tp prevent vertical movement.

3 nylon/stainless ratchet straps. I am securing less than #200.

Thanks for the info. S/S Ratchet straps it is. [emoji41]

We use a couple of 2” cam buckles, some times called tank straps. We added the green plastic piece so the hypolon doesn’t get pinched. It’s made from an Ikea thin cutting board.

Attachments

• 07EFBC92-9A92-4140-8343-385E438C524C.jpg
    07EFBC92-9A92-4140-8343-385E438C524C.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 84
  • CD710C9F-C019-4393-869A-51D006174339.jpg
    CD710C9F-C019-4393-869A-51D006174339.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 82
I purchased 2” nylon seat belt material along with SS airplane style latches, latches from Ebay. Next I just cut the strapping to fit my requirements and added the latches. I also made a nice dinghy cover from the same Sunbrella material that I made my enclosure with so the nylon straps are hardly ever exposed to sun light.

The arrangement works well for me. I really like the seatbelt latches! Easy to both secure and release the dinghy from its chocks

Cable with Snap hooks on each end, turnbuckle in the middle. Once cable is attached, then turnbuckle pulls it snug.

Two attachment points on the stern (crossed). One attachment on the bow.

Rib sits in a padded, powder coated davit which is custom to the brand of the rib.

Used this same approach on previous boat, went through some seas that were not nice - no problems.

Cable with Snap hooks on each end, turnbuckle in the middle. Once cable is attached, then turnbuckle pulls it snug.

Two attachment points on the stern (crossed). One attachment on the bow.

Rib sits in a padded, powder coated davit which is custom to the brand of the rib.

Used this same approach on previous boat, went through some seas that were not nice - no problems.

Describes the setup on our Whaler. Fast to deploy and un-deploy. No need to throw straps all over the place.

What is curiously missing on this thread is what the straps/cables attach to. In our case, cored, epoxied, through-bolted, with backing plates, pad eyes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom