View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #31
Steve91T
Guru

City: Huntersville NC
Vessel Name: Abeona
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 47’ Sundeck
It pulls fuel from the right main tank. Mains are Marine Power 454’s (super fuel efficient��)

I have Lucas fuel injector cleaner in the main tanks right now and I plan on throwing another bottle in there with my next fill up.

Fuel is whatever they sell at the marine. I think it’s ethonol free?

I’m 3 1/2 hrs away from the boat, so far when we’ve on then boat, I’ve set aside a few hours to work on the gen but so far it’s been gathering information more than actually wrenching, aside from throwing plugs at it.

Both plugs look identical, so both plugs are getting the same fuel mixture. The plugs in that picture had very little use, but we’re fouled. I saved them, I’ll clean them and install them and I bet they’ll work.

So my brother has a kit car that uses a Subaru turbo 4 cylinder. It was idling one day as he was still sorting it out and it just died. It was running rich. It wouldn’t fire. For months we checked every single thing we could think of to figure out why it had no spark. Finally my dad pulled a plug and even though it looked fine, he sprayed carb cleaner on it and then we had spark. We replaced the plugs and it started right up. I honestly don’t understand how a plug that looks like what I pictured can be fouled, but it was.

Maybe I’ll just keep running cleaner through it and run the gen as much as I can. The one thing I do know is the PO never ran it, which is probably why I’m dealjng with this right now.

The boat is for sale. We’re going to be moving up to a larger boat with diesel, so hopefully I don’t have to deal with a gas generator much longer.

Thanks guys for your help. I think the plan is to run cleaner through it as and see if that helps, if not I’ll pull the carb and take it apart.
Steve91T is offline   Reply With Quote