View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
Tom.B
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Drilling Into Stringers

As one big project begins to come to a close, another is on-deck waiting to take its place.

Our cockpit floor is sagging. There are two pics below of the hatch that leads into the engine room in the middle of the cockpit deck. One picture is with the hatch closed and where I am standing is where the sag is the most prominent... The other picture is of the open hatch (stern is up and bow is towards down). The big problem is that the hatch door is flat and the floor is not. It allows water into the engine room faster than the little corner drains can keep up with (nevermind the huge gap that lets it drop in directly without even getting to the drains) What you see in the second picture is the fresh water tank "hanging" in the middle between the boat's two main stringers. Those boxes are the batteries. What I am wanting to do is build an upside-down "U" bracket that bolts all the way through the two stringers, and comes up to support the floor back to level. It would have the added benefit of just making the floor generally more sturdy feeling. It is daunting to want to bolt right through them. Any tips?

I will come up with a 3D rendering I will share in the next week or so too if you are having trouble visualizing it.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0768.jpg   IMG_0226.jpg