Yachting Caps Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I meant it simply as a joke, boys... We're all culprits... to one extent or another!

I meant it simply as a joke, boys... We're all culprits... to one extent or another!

People farts multiplied by 7.3 billion...would it be better to set them free or hold a match to them?

I am busy making a big carbon foot print so when I am gone, folks will notice.

Before you all get angry at me remember, I was a professional forester for over 20 years. LOL

Wanna get upset and someone, get upset with Calif and their massive forest fires. The burning trees are releasing all that stored up carbon.

Calif, in general, was in favor of 'let it burn'. That is until it threatens houses etc. By then, it costs even bigger bucks to put it out.
They were/are not in favor of 'controlled' or "prescribed" burns to eliminate the undergrowth to reduce the damage of a wild fire.

People farts multiplied by 7.3 billion...would it be better to set them free or hold a match to them?

Talk to the cows. This was another of Calif complaints.

Surprising results for the per capita rates of melanoma by state in the US of A, in the CDC link below.

Vermont is the worst? Texas is the same as Alaska...maybe it's the cowboy hats on the guys and big hair on the ladies protecting Texans? Washington States numbers must come from the dry interior?

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/statistics/state.htm
This just seems so counterintuitive to me, living in wet western WA where the sun is a rare treat compared to like Texas. I wonder what other factors are involved, or is it a factor of our normally wet skin being more susceptible to a burn than those more used to the sun? I don't get it. I will say I have personally known two guys my age who had melanoma and died from it. Both worked out of doors as shipwrights as did I for nearly 30 years. And as you surmise, possibly the numbers are largely taken from eastern WA where the weather is more like NV or TX, but neither of those states are high in skin cancer on the chart! Makes no sense.

Hats or caps are fun , but folks that wear a hat inside are a puzzle.

Did the wearers not have parents?
Its become so common now as to be acceptable to most. Oddly some of the biggest culprits of this are older gents, 70 and up. A few years ago my daughter had a boyfriend over for dinner, and of course he had his stupid hat on. I asked him if his head was cold. Everyone looked at me with zero comprehension. Finally my wife explained it, he took his hat off.

This just seems so counterintuitive to me, living in wet western WA where the sun is a rare treat ... I wonder what other factors are involved, ...Makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense once you factor in all those immigrant Californians. :lol::lol:

Its become so common now as to be acceptable to most. Oddly some of the biggest culprits of this are older gents, 70 and up. A few years ago my daughter had a boyfriend over for dinner, and of course he had his stupid hat on. I asked him if his head was cold. Everyone looked at me with zero comprehension. Finally my wife explained it, he took his hat off.

If your daughters boyfriend is an older gent, 70 and up, how old are you? :ermm: How old is she? :confused:

If your daughters boyfriend is an older gent, 70 and up, how old are you? :ermm: How old is she? :confused:
LOL, two starkly different examples...:lol: That one is down the road and she ended up marrying a fella from north of the border and now living in Nanaimo!

Do women still use vast amounts of her spray?
I haven't seen or heard a hair spray commercial on TV in years.

Wifey B: I've never used hair spray and none of the females in our extended family do. Our salons discourage the use of spray and only use natural sprays that won't harm the hair. Number one goal is healthy hair. Alice and Rachel, who run things, are very pro-natural. :)

Or move his plate to the outside.

In my case, if I take my hat off, I better put in the assigned and usual place or I will never find it again.

Doncah hate it when you are looking for something and forget what you were looking for? Not to worry, chances are you will stumble across something else you were looking for.

Last edited:
At least you remembered that you forgot something.

I have discovered if I verbalize it or better yet write it down, if you can remember where you put the paper and pencil, you can carry the note with you as you look for the item, unless you set it down and then it's another problem, where did I leave the note.

Of course, they say, if you sit down and get comfortable, the pressure on your butt will force the name of the item, back into your memory and presto you will remember.
There is the other option, grab both of your butt cheeks and squeeze real hard to force the item back into your memory.
The key here is not to let other folks see you squeezing your butt cheeks, they might think you are nutz. lol Ah the joys of growing old. You have learned you dont care what folks think about you anymore. Wandering around the house, squeezing your butt cheeks, mumbling to yourself with a post-it stuck to your forehead as you are looking for your glasses. Now, what was I looking for? Ah my glasses.

Last edited:
Just had to share this. I served on the board and eventually as president of the Optometric Physicians of Washington. When I went off the board I was given some gifts. A great gift was a Raymarine remote for the AP on my sailboat. A gag gift was this Yacht Club Cap. They spent $67.50 on this thing and I think this was only the second time I have worn it to take this picture today. The first time was when they gave it to me at a banquet.

I don't know why everyone makes fun of this... it's no more dopey than a Giligan hat or some others I've seen. You look good in it.

My thread got hijacked about 4 pages ago. :ermm:

I have discovered if I verbalize it or better yet write it down, if you can remember where you put the paper and pencil, you can carry the note with you as you look for the item, unless you set it down and then it's another problem, where did I leave the note.

Of course, they say, if you sit down and get comfortable, the pressure on your butt will force the name of the item, back into your memory and presto you will remember.
There is the other option, grab both of your butt cheeks and squeeze real hard to force the item back into your memory.
The key here is not to let other folks see you squeezing your butt cheeks, they might think you are nutz. lol Ah the joys of growing old. You have learned you dont care what folks think about you anymore. Wandering around the house, squeezing your butt cheeks, mumbling to yourself with a post-it stuck to your forehead as you are looking for your glasses. Now, what was I looking for? Ah my glasses.

OD - You am funny... dangerously so in this case! :dance:

The days backpacking at high altitude above timberline (with a hat) as well as spending lots of time in the open cockpit of a sailboat (without a hat) scare me. Now "hide" in the pilothouse. Also, now when expecting extended hours outdoors, wearing a hat with long-sleeve shirt and full-length pants.

French Foreign Legion caps

After more protection but prefer a cap, the French Foreign Legion cap,as worn in North Africa, with its drop down flaps covering the back of the neck, and I think the ears, might work. The ball kids at our major tennis matches wear them.
( We call them ball kids because boys and girls volunteer. But only the boys would have...never mind:blush:.)

Hats or caps are fun , but folks that wear a hat inside are a puzzle.

Did the wearers not have parents?

Was at dinner on Friday and saw a guy sitting at a table talking. He was wearing a baseball hat and.....he had his elbows on the table. So I shot him.

One for hunting and fishing, and one for for cruising. 1525087072413.jpg

was at dinner on friday and saw a guy sitting at a table talking. He was wearing a baseball hat and.....he had his elbows on the table. So i shot him.

eeeeeekkkkkk

After more protection but prefer a cap, the French Foreign Legion cap,as worn in North Africa, with its drop down flaps covering the back of the neck, and I think the ears, might work. The ball kids at our major tennis matches wear them.
( We call them ball kids because boys and girls volunteer. But only the boys would have...never mind:blush:.)

:lol:

I have done the same thing with my kids friends

"He was wearing a baseball hat and.....he had his elbows on the table. So I shot him."

Score one for civility , send the brass and I will have it engraved for you.

"He was wearing a baseball hat and.....he had his elbows on the table. So I shot him."

Score one for civility , send the brass and I will have it engraved for you.

To be honest FF, I didn't use a real gun. I did the twist the end of the straw cover and blow it like a dart gun thing. Got it right in his ear. Deep. That provided a lesson I am sure he will long remember.

Last edited:
." I did the twist the end of the straw cover and blow it like a dart gun thing. Got it right in his ear. Deep. That provided a lesson I am sure he will long remember."

Of course , now he will come to dinner with a full helmet , will be fun to watch him eat lifting the face guard for quick bites.

Back
Top Bottom