Who knows how to remove...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamup

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bay Tripper
Vessel Make
'06 MS 34 Pilot
Coffee maker on a Mainship Pilot 34? IMG_0009.jpg

With an axe?

Looks like its almost out anyway.

Never mind. I took Simi’s advise. Just took more force (but no axe)!

Just remember if it doesn’t fit, don’t force it, just get a bigger hammer.

I couldn't get the original factory installed refrigerator in our 430 to move. Then I found the three 3 inch long wood screws coming through from the microwave cabinet.

Attachments

• refrigerator.jpg
    refrigerator.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 70
Good decision Jamup. What an appalling way that was to make coffee.

O dear god Bruce do you know what you have now started ???:rofl:
And why make it part of the boat? I think other builders did too(?Bayliner), maybe as a 1970s luxury fit out item. Anyway, it`s gone, that`s good, coffee machines have moved on.

This is an interesting post....

I still cannot find a way to remove the mounting screws for the under counter coffee maker in our 2005 430 aft cabin trawler. We removed what we could and moved to a Kureg.

Concerning the micro wave that is mounted above the stove ... I can't seem to find a way to remove that - any ideas?

Jim

jimL. Look for 4 plastic caps under the microwave shelf (above the stove). Remove the caps and unscrew the 4 screws that go up into the bottom of the microwave. Yes, they screwed that in too.

Well, after all, boats do move about quite a bit at times. Not good to have coffee makers and microwaves flying round the cabin in a seaway, I would have thought.
:socool:

Jamup if your going to toss it I’ll be happy to take it off your hands.

back to the original question, so was it just muscle it out? no hidden screws?

this became quite a project. the coffee maker has 2 channels in its sides. plastic brackets are screwed to the sides of the compartment. these have fingers which fit into the channels. however, the thing which really holds the coffee maker in place is the front frame. this appears to be pre-assembled and then screwed into place. i removed only the left vertical piece of the frame which was held in place by 1) a screw coming down thru the shelf above 2) a screw on the inside of the vertical going into the bottom frame 3) a short piece of wood screwed to the back of the vertical AND into the compartment side wall. i cut the shelf screw and then lvered the rest. i have no idea how ms assembled it all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom