This might seem like a weird topic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife wouldn't care if the boat is old or new, fast or slow, sail or power, electric or diesel; as long as it got us on the water.

Her taste is more specific in cars, though. That 57 Chev convertible would go down real well. A 1958 corvette convertible would be even better.

I wonder what girls might like one of my more recent listings, a 127' Camper and Nicholsons steel Motoryacht built in 1920? They might have a different attitude after finding out about the $7,000,000 refit!!

Wifey B: Ok, but tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. :nonono::nonono:

Just remember if it runs and gets you to where you want to go: Everyone has the same waterfront view in an anchorage!

Wifey B: A what? :huh::confused:

Exactly.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was 3 yrs old when that baby was built:thumb::thumb: Had a roommate in college whose father collected old Corvettes. We brought a '68 convertible up for spring of '77 and pimped around in that baby all semester. Had to beat the babes off with a stick.

Hey, I was 3 yrs old when that baby was built:thumb::thumb: Had a roommate in college whose father collected old Corvettes. We brought a '68 convertible up for spring of '77 and pimped around in that baby all semester. Had to beat the babes off with a stick.[/QUOTE]

Wifey B: I actually like the styling of the 57 in the pic. When I was young, I was a regular at car shows. Paid well to stand around and do virtually nothing. My friends and I referred to "car girl" jobs as "eye candy jobs." Went from the age of 16 to 20. '57's were ancient even back then. I went to a Mecum auction once but that was just as a very bored spectator. :)

Hey, I was 3 yrs old when that baby was built:thumb::thumb: Had a roommate in college whose father collected old Corvettes. We brought a '68 convertible up for spring of '77 and pimped around in that baby all semester. Had to beat the babes off with a stick.[/QUOTE]

I would never say 'beat the babes off with a stick' these days. It is not PC to call them babes because it indicates I thought women are sex objects. Using a stick on them for that is not PC because that would be considered physical abuse and I would end up in prison and become a real sex object. The media would find out, write an exaggerated story of me beating women with a stick, promise a video at a later date and ruin my chances at running for president.
That leaves me one option, submit to the women, look down, say in a quiet respectful voice, yes'mam.
I also have great trouble accepting social changes. Next month I will be 75 years old and no doubt die soon ...... sort of makes me happy because after death, there are no more changes.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

Wifey B: I actually like the styling of the 57 in the pic. When I was young, I was a regular at car shows. Paid well to stand around and do virtually nothing. My friends and I referred to "car girl" jobs as "eye candy jobs." Went from the age of 16 to 20. '57's were ancient even back then. I went to a Mecum auction once but that was just as a very bored spectator. :)[/QUOTE]

These days if you use the phrase 'eye candy' you better be talking about the car.

Wifey B: Are you sure? :lol:

No changes that will effect me.
I think it still requires the family's permission a court order to move the body or the coffee can filled with ashes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom