View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #217
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistar View Post
Although I have a current USCGA inspection sticker, I guess I own an inspection magnet. The tug seems to attract Auxiliary attention every month or so. Mostly they just want to walk through and see the layout. None of the inspections seem focused on safety issues. (They don't look very hard and have never tested smoke or CO detectors, looked closely at extinguishers or inspected the Y-valve.) I have a recently documented boat, but it hasn't been pulled to remove the state numbers. So, the USCGA doesn't know there is a documentation number and certificate inside. When the state numbers are removed in a few weeks, I'll move the state registration stickers to side windows at the helm.
Why do you allow them to walk through? They have no right or authority. I use to run across them on the lake and never allowed an inspection as I saw no need for it.

You do realize I hope that it's not legal for you to still have the numbers on the boat. Do you have the name and board according to USCG requirements?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote