This might seem like a weird topic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are going on 47 years of marriage. We are on our 23rd boat, she knows about boats. She does a lot of woek on our boats. What she doesn’t know about boats is what things actually cost, she doesn’t ask and I don’t tell...

Good marriage.
I don’t tell her how much I spend on the boat.
She doesn’t tell me how much she spends on shoes. :D

I make it a point never to remember what I have paid for boat related things.
I do complain about the cost of food. LOL

Of the 70 cars I've owned, wife has known me for 69 of them. 2nd date 50 years ago I took her sailing. That was 10 or so boats ago......I guess it all worked out..:)

I was told by a girl that my boat is an old boat and looks like an old boat.

There's no accounting for taste....tell her the Sea Rays are 2 docks over...find another girl who appreciates vintage and classic boats.

There's no accounting for taste....tell her the Sea Rays are 2 docks over...find another girl who appreciates vintage and classic boats.

Mines a classic. Old classic.

My first date with my wife was a "blind date" arranged by an employee of mine. When I agreed to the date I said that she needs to meet me at the dock where I keep my boat as the first date would be a boat ride. I figured she wouldn't go for it. Well she did show up and has never left.

I found a girl that loves old boats (in fact, she came with one!). She also, apparently, likes old guys (i.e., me).

I found a girl that loves old boats (in fact, she came with one!). She also, apparently, likes old guys (i.e., me).

Fantastic. She has at least a green card and can speak English a little bit?
Does she cook and clean and steer the boat while you nap?
If she can do all that, does she have an unmarried sister??? CHUCKLE

Fantastic. She has at least a green card and can speak English a little bit?
Does she cook and clean and steer the boat while you nap?
If she can do all that, does she have an unmarried sister??? CHUCKLE

She's from Alabama, so still learning English.

Yep. Shoes gone. Still have sweaters from High School. Graduated in 1959.

She's from Alabama, so still learning English.

Fantastic. Women from Alabama talk sooooo hot.

Does she have "banjo knees"?

Must I explain that reference to "banjo knees"?
LOL

Last edited:
I was told by a girl that my boat is an old boat and looks like an old boat. Why wouldn’t you want a new one. Girls don’t like old boats.

Well I can’t afford a new boat so I guess that’s why I have an old boat and gives me something to do and look forward for. I love old boats and think they are cool to look at.

Drinkinbuddie, that boat of yours right there is known in our waters as the Blue Seas 36, and was, for quite some time, my dream boat. So, take heart - you have a really nice boat, and age will not weary it - unlike us. :D

Blue Seas 36? Interesting. She makes me feel like selling her as in the boat. The girl is gone but so much on my mind. Sure makes me think. Still love the boat. I’ve wasted a lot of time and money that maybe I shouldn’t.

28 years with my partner
She maintained the first three with me
Held down a job, financed and helped me build the next two from paper to water
Raced and cruised on them extensively including several ocean crossings
And then bought our current vessel for us.
I think shes forgotten more than a lot of male boaters think they know.

Y'all aren't too good at noticing my sarcasm font, I guess. :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmason
Yet a '57 Chevy convertible would catch her eye. Go figure.

Wifey B: A what? :huh::confused:

Exactly.

My wife had no interest in a "new" boat; modern boats have zero appeal to her. She wanted a boat that looked salty, nautical and like a trawler. We settled for a troller and think the word "jaunty" describes Sherpa well. :thumb:

I have no doubt she has forgotten more than I ever knew.
Someone tie my shoes for me please. WINK :banghead:

Simi
I have no doubt she has forgotten more than I ever knew.
Someone tie my shoes for me please. WINK :banghead:

I used to be smart but now dumber than a rock.

Wifey B: A what? :huh::confused:

Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 57 Chevy.jpg
    57 Chevy.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 132
Wifey B: Is that a matchbox toy car? Was it a real car in ancient times? :rofl::hide:

My “girl” has insisted on the current 1989 and fell in love and insisted we buy the 1985 trawler. Seems it has almost all the omforts of a house or our RV, with the added advantage of being on the water!
Uh, 40 years and 20X the income of a professor gives her a bit of say-so!

I wonder what girls might like one of my more recent listings, a 127' Camper and Nicholsons steel Motoryacht built in 1920? They might have a different attitude after finding out about the $7,000,000 refit!!

Attachments

• Grey Mist 2.jpg
    Grey Mist 2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 46

I wonder what girls might like one of my more recent listings, a 127' Camper and Nicholsons steel Motoryacht built in 1920? They might have a different attitude after finding out about the $7,000,000 refit!!

She would still say it is too old, too old.

If it were my most recent and "LAST" ex-wife...... She would be upset because I didn't giver her the $7mil instead of spending the money on a dumb old boat.

As my lovely deceased Scottish grandma said, "Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new silk rope."

Is that boat steam driven?
Refit $7 mil? A floating Trump palace ???

Good days work Jim

She would still say it is too old, too old.

If it were my most recent and "LAST" ex-wife...... She would be upset because I didn't giver her the $7mil instead of spending the money on a dumb old boat.

As my lovely deceased Scottish grandma said, "Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new silk rope."

Is that boat steam driven?
Refit $7 mil? A floating Trump palace ???

7 million well spent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom