Intro and practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LER

Vessel Name
LIBERTY
Vessel Make
Fairchild Scout 30
An info packed and entertaining place to hang out, thank you to all who donate hours to make it happen. This is Larry and I live with my bride Susan adjacent to the waters of Grand Traverse Bay in northwestern MI. After sailing the eastern seaboard in our CSY 44 a few years in early retirement and then switching to Liberty for fun and profit (never happened-the profit part,that is!), we are anticipating a change aided by participation in this forum. The Admiral has suggested that a boat with less varnishing and polishing and better climate controls (AC and flying pest control) would dispose her to more exploration of the
sweet waters of the Great Lakes. My response, "Yes Ma'am". So we are marketing Liberty and identfying and buying the next boat. An NT32/34 or whatever? Greetings to all.
Larry

Attachments

• Liberty 30.jpg
    Liberty 30.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 88
Welcome.

You have a lovely boat! However, I agree that it would take a lot of work. Enjoy the search.

Welcome aboard!

There should be a Nordic Tug dealer right down the road in Traverse City but certainly you must know that. Would recommend you also consider the American Tug.

We used to summer in your area and kept our trawler at Onekama.

Welcome to TF . That’s one sweet looking ride you have .

Welcome to TF. As a frequent visitor (albeit many years ago) to your area to ski Holiday Hills and hang out on Old Mission Point at a friend's cottage, I'm familiar with how beautiful your area is.

Good luck with your search.

After sailing the eastern seaboard in our CSY 44 a few years in early retirement . . .
The CSY 44 Pilothouse Ketch is, or was, my dream retirement boat, but the admiral has had enough sailing. Which is why I'm here now, researching trawlers. :thumb:

Tha is one good looking boat

LER
Having spent time in your area I can well imagine the desire for exploring rather than varnishing. The NT is a great choice. Of the few similarly priced alternatives Ranger Tug has some offerings. They are faster than the NT. ATs are pretty pricey. Still winter there I see. Good luck in your ventures.

Back
Top Bottom