Wax after paint? How long to wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donna

Guru
Vessel Name
Southerly
Vessel Make
1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
I have been topside painting in sections and need to know how soon to wax it?

Attachments

• A1ED473B-BAF5-4391-8986-F9E8DDB9C2FA.jpg
    A1ED473B-BAF5-4391-8986-F9E8DDB9C2FA.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 88
  • C75457D6-6527-4265-A616-6E411359619F.jpg
    C75457D6-6527-4265-A616-6E411359619F.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 85
What paint are you using? Some paints are not supposed to be waxed.

Usually I’m a Pettit girl, BUT, decided to go with West Marine part polyurethane topside paint. What a fabulous paint. I am using the roll and tip technique. It is usually recommended to have 2 people doing it. 1 rolling and the other tipping. I am doing it myself and this paint is perfect.

I will contact West Marine and ask them. I was under the assumption all paints needed to be waxed at some point.

Usually I’m a Pettit girl, BUT, decided to go with West Marine part polyurethane topside paint. What a fabulous paint. I am using the roll and tip technique. It is usually recommended to have 2 people doing it. 1 rolling and the other tipping. I am doing it myself and this paint is perfect.

I will contact West Marine and ask them. I was under the assumption all paints needed to be waxed at some point.

Beautiful results on your paint job - are you planning to walk on that surface when it is wet?

Beautiful results on your paint job - are you planning to walk on that surface when it is wet?

Lol! No I didn’t walk on it. I’m not a big girl but I did have to step into the starboard fender holders. Got a pretty good bruise on my calf and gave the marina a show!

It doesn’t show in the pics. It’s molded anti slip.

Yes those fender racks look tough to negotiate. Can you move them forward to get more walkaround room?

Yes, I can move them much further forward. You are right, it’s a must!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom