Looking at Mainship34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome Jay, in almost 20 years of messing around with Mainships I don't believe I've ever seen that

:socool:

I never saw it when I owned my Mainship. I came across this 6 or 7 years ago. What's interesting is that they offered a 30. I had heard of one around but never saw one. They may have only made the one.

Jay,Thanks for posting.

Found this in my files today. Enjoy!

Thanks. I have just been aware of Mainship for a few months but I already had that in my files. Dont know where I got it unless you sent it to me earlier? Its a good side by side comparison.

Thanks. I have just been aware of Mainship for a few months but I already had that in my files. Dont know where I got it unless you sent it to me earlier? Its a good side by side comparison.

I may have. Don't remember as I get lots of requests for Mainship info that I had collected over the years.
For example I have a copy of the spreadsheet I started collecting data on all who would input (circa 2006).

Hull #95 had the name of "Papillon" at that time, out of Ingelside Tx. It's listed as having the Volvo and an 8 kw Westerbeke.
Does it still have the genny?

Boomerang - Looks like I have the sister ship, #150, to your boat. How cool is that?

Hull #95 had the name of "Papillon" at that time, out of Ingelside Tx. It's listed as having the Volvo and an 8 kw Westerbeke.
Does it still have the genny?

Yes, Volvo TAMD40A and the 8kw Westerbeke and the name is Papillon. It will soon be changed to Waltz Across Texas as soon as I find a good grapics shop to make the decal.

Do you have any other info on #95?

I have the list of most of the owners, Paul Margarantis (new), Charlie Williams, Greg ReHard, Scott Dhiel, and me, Jim Isbell. All but Paul are out of Bahia Marina in Ingleside-On-the-Bay. Paul was 8 miles away across the bay at Corpus Christi.

I am trying to find history on the engine, You just added some by telling me it was already in the boat in 2006, 12 years ago. The hour meter indicates 1688 hours, but who knows if this is right or not.

Yes, Volvo TAMD40A and the 8kw Westerbeke and the name is Papillon. It will soon be changed to Waltz Across Texas as soon as I find a good grapics shop to make the decal.

Do you have any other info on #95?

I have the list of most of the owners, Paul Margarantis (new), Charlie Williams, Greg ReHard, Scott Dhiel, and me, Jim Isbell. All but Paul are out of Bahia Marina in Ingleside-On-the-Bay. Paul was 8 miles away across the bay at Corpus Christi.

I am trying to find history on the engine, You just added some by telling me it was already in the boat in 2006, 12 years ago. The hour meter indicates 1688 hours, but who knows if this is right or not.

Williams, Charles & Frances, are listed as the owners.
1000289 is the engine serial number.
That is all the info I have other than what I already posted.

If you want a copy of the complete spreadsheet send me an e mail to
leonaj99@yahoo.com

I have the list of most of the owners, Paul Margarantis (new), Charlie Williams, Greg ReHard, Scott Dhiel, and me, Jim Isbell. All but Paul are out of Bahia Marina in Ingleside-On-the-Bay. Paul was 8 miles away across the bay at Corpus Christi..

n update: Between Charlie Williams and Greg Rehard another owner was Mike Farenthold.

It has turned into a very good purchase. I have gone over it with a fine toothed comb since moving it to my private slip. In preparing it for USCG inspection I found just two discrepancies, two bulbs in the navigation lights had to be replaced. Other than that its ready for sea.

Ok, maybe not perfect.......my wife wants to clean up the galley and some cosmetic improvements and I will be adding a HAM station to the navigation desk.

Passed the USCG inspection and the guy that inspected it said he was the first one to inspect it when it arrived new in Corpus Christi 40 years ago! Said he had been to some real good parties on the boat He said the original owner bought it to use as a tax write off to entertain his customers. Wondered why I found that bra in the chain locker....LOL

Back
Top Bottom