CPAP / Bottom Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopCar

Guru
Vessel Name
Possum
Vessel Make
Ellis 28
Just started using my CPAP machine with a full face mask to supply air for bottom cleaning. Works great! The hose it came with was only 5 feet long so I ordered five more hoses. That gives me a total of 30’ of hose. The machine is very quiet so it doesn’t bother the neighbors. It’s designed to run continuously for hours. The best thing is my health insurance paid for it!

What is today’s date?

You're not getting much sympathy from us Parks. I didn't see you cleaning but your crew waved on the way by in your new boat. :whistling: Good choice by the way.

Attachments

• 58 Krogen.jpg
    58 Krogen.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 101
Nice boat. What is it exactly?

Just started using my CPAP machine with a full face mask to supply air for bottom cleaning. Works great! The hose it came with was only 5 feet long so I ordered five more hoses. That gives me a total of 30’ of hose. The machine is very quiet so it doesn’t bother the neighbors. It’s designed to run continuously for hours. The best thing is my health insurance paid for it!

:)

Parks

Good one! You had me for a few seconds. LOL

Good to hear from you. I was at your old business a few days ago, no further comment. I miss your leadership.

Good one Parks.

I was thinking of using my unused AED as an anti-cathodic charge. Seems like it would work with 5200 for the pads on the hull.

Whatayathink?

If you have a full skeg, single engine, and can get up to 20 knots, you just hit a sandbar at just the right tide and it cleans your bottom for you. Keep the trim tabs up and be sure to do it on a rising tide though, just in case.

I was thinking of using my unused AED as an anti-cathodic charge. Seems like it would work with 5200 for the pads on the hull.

Whatayathink?

That should work. Just don’t set it off when I’m near by using my CPAP. The sound of exploding barnacles would hurt my ears.

Back
Top Bottom