Has anyone bought a bit of a fixer upper??? 46’ Jefferson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not of that opinion about 30K price. You need to look it over and make an offer that works for you. It may be 30 or it may be the 60 they are asking. Or it may be some figure in between. I would make a reasonable offer after looking the boat over and then get a survey and take the recommended repairs into account and make a new offer. But in order to do that you have to make the original offer with the proper contingencies.

This. :thumb:

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t reported back. The boat is pretty decent, but I just don’t trust the owner. He says he did $35k in bottom work yet he has zero proof of it. Also he told me all 3 ac’s work yet I could only get 1m of the 3 to work. He was being a used car salesman.

I just don’t trust the guy.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t reported back. The boat is pretty decent, but I just don’t trust the owner. He says he did $35k in bottom work yet he has zero proof of it. Also he told me all 3 ac’s work yet I could only get 1m of the 3 to work. He was being a used car salesman.

Sounds shaky... trust your guts. There are other boats!

3400386.jpg

$35,000 in bottom work? How far up onto the rocks did they run the boat?

Feel I must ask:

Your "used car salesman" guy has not one photo, nor scraps of material torn off, or even some yard hands that did the work so you could speak with them regarding what they found and what they did in a $35,000.00 bottom-work replenishment project? That's an enormous [basically unbelievable] cost - especially, as I believe you previously mentioned, the owner selling the boat also owns the yard its in and therefore can have his own workers do things at cost to him as well as having his yard get commercial-business discounts on materials. :facepalm:

Seems this guy may be a boat selling crook... pure and simple! :nonono:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom