Integrity Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Do they look a bit familiar to us Halvorsen/IG owners? Scroll down to the 346 ES on the site below. I did a brief google search to try to find out who the naval architect/designer was for these and it may have been Halvorsen but its unclear.

Integrity Trawlers

The gossip that I've been getting down here is that the hulls were originally from the IG stable. I was told that the boats are out of China based on the original hulls but the finish is well short of the traditional Halverson/IG boats.

I believe there was some dispute regarding ownership of the design and moulds, but as you know possession is 9/10's of the law.

I have been over a few of the boats and I agree the interior finish is a bit utilitarian. The price point is quite competitive though.

Integrity trawlers are built by Jianghua Marine and Engineering Co. of Zhuhai, China. *JH Marine built most of the Island Gypsies between 1980 and 2000 in a JV with Harvey Halvorsen. *In 2000, the JV broke up and each party went their separate ways, each taking molds/designs and continuing to produce the same boats under different names (Integrity and Island Gypsy)*

John Anderson and I designed the Integrity 466 and 496, built on the original Island Gypsy 44 hull (with a lot of modifications).*

In 2005, I left the project and formed Northwest Trawlers with vaguely similar designs to the Integrity 466/496 but to a significantly higher quality and outfitting standard.

Harvey Halvorsen sold the Island Gypsy line to Maxi Marine and it is now being produced by Maxi , in cooperation with UniShine in Zhuhai, China. UniShine is an OEM yard that has produces Island Pilot, Jefferson, and Sea Spirit, to name a few. *

Jinanghua Marine is almost right accross the street and continues to produce a similar line under the Integrity name.

OkSkipper wrote:
Integrity trawlers are built by Jianghua Marine and Engineering Co. of Zhuhai, China. *JH Marine built most of the Island Gypsies between 1980 and 2000 in a JV with Harvey Halvorsen. *In 2000, the JV broke up and each party went their separate ways, each taking molds/designs and continuing to produce the same boats under different names (Integrity and Island Gypsy)*

John Anderson and I designed the Integrity 466 and 496, built on the original Island Gypsy 44 hull (with a lot of modifications).*

In 2005, I left the project and formed Northwest Trawlers with vaguely similar designs to the Integrity 466/496 but to a significantly higher quality and outfitting standard.

Harvey Halvorsen sold the Island Gypsy line to Maxi Marine and it is now being produced by Maxi , in cooperation with UniShine in Zhuhai, China. UniShine is an OEM yard that has produces Island Pilot, Jefferson, and Sea Spirit, to name a few. *

Jinanghua Marine is almost right accross the street and continues to produce a similar line under the Integrity name.
*Peter:

I wish you all the best of luck with NW Trawlers. However, my head is spinning a bit. We have a saying here that the local interrelationships are more like family wreaths than family trees. Seems the same with boat lines once they've propagated in China.

Integrity had a 36ft boat on display at the 2011 Sydney Boat Show. It looked good, seemed well priced, though not opulent in fit out. We upset the exhibitors, telling them Mark Halvorsen (exhibiting a Selene) had just made a sale (we bought a set of new IG badges).

BruceK "Doriana"

Sydney Australia

Bruce Kops wrote:
Integrity had a 36ft boat on display at the 2011 Sydney Boat Show. It looked good, seemed well priced, though not opulent in fit out. We upset the exhibitors, telling them Mark Halvorsen (exhibiting a Selene) had just made a sale (we bought a set of new IG badges).

BruceK "Doriana"

Sydney Australia
*I didn't think those IG badges (the crossed flags?) were obtainable. Do you have contact information? Thanks.

Re; IG Cross Flag Badges

Maybe this post should go on "Halvorsen"

Go to www.halvorsenboatsales.com.au, use the "contact us" button and email them. The site suggests they still run the brokerage at Bobbin Head,but I `m not sure. They wanted $300 a pair (!), but were cheaper at the Boat Show, so negotiate. My guess is it`s old stock.Size for 32 & 36 should be the same, 50ft ones are much larger.

Someone at IG in US I emailed (can`t recall address),said they cost around $250 but were looking for a cheaper supplier. You could search about.They can`t cost much to make in China.

BruceK

Mark Halvorsen is no longer at Bobbin Head, still uses the same email and phone deatils. FYI Tel: 02 9451 6725. He is away at the moment.

Thanks all. I emailed Mark a few days ago. Will see if he surfaces. However, that price is a bit steep for me. Re-paint of badges time methinks.

IG Crossed Flag Badges

I thought of repainting mine but the badges have many colors and were bent. I paid considerably less, it still seemed a lot, but with the flybridge support panels repainted, the originals looked awful. Amortise the cost over 30 years, it won`t feel so bad.

There will be postage too, probably dearer to than from USA. I recently imported 2 exhaust angles, 4 oil coolers,and 2 heat exchangers from USA, postage was a factor, but overall much cheaper than fabricating parts here.

BruceK

Sydney Australia

I tried a number of times this morning (Thailand) to access your website Northwest Trawlers, and could not do so. I tried with Explorer and Bing.??

Regards, Brian

Integrity, 350 trawler

Hello, I saw your post and had to contact you. I'm looking at a 2009 Integrity 350 and would appreciate any insight you can give me...

Thanks,

Jim Greene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom