What is this piece of plastic I vacuumed in my bilge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherAlyssa

Vessel Name
Heather Alyssa
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
Hello Trawler Friends,

I keep a clean bilge and know this was not in there a few months ago. Does anyone have an idea what it is?

IMG_2970.jpg

A backing plate from a sander? Leftover scrap from construction? A holesaw cutout?

it reminds me of a base to a bird spider

Backing plate for a rail stantion? What are the dimensions? Plastic, metal, FRP?

Last edited:
Hi, it’s transparent plastic, approximately 1.5”. Thank you. As long as it’s not part of my bilge pump, I think I’m happy

Hi, it’s transparent plastic, approximately 1.5”. Thank you. As long as it’s not part of my bilge pump, I think I’m happy

Is your bilge pump switch an ultra safety switch or an aqualarm switch? It looks like the bottom of the transparent case that contains the float

kazenza, I have an aqualarm! Good call. I’ll check tomorrow. Thanks!!!

I found this picture on the aqualarm web site. I think that’s it. IMG_2983.jpg

Some of you members should get a job in forensics

I’ll confirm with photographic evidence when I get back to the boat. I was thinking the same thing about forensics. If that in fact is the part, that’ll be so satisfying.

Man, I thought it wa a round-square-oval from the output side of a Knudsen valve!

It's a "finarasis" that bleeds excess air off a horn compressor. Usually found on the fly bridge inside a brow locker.

I only know that because I spent weeks trying to decide between those two pump switches

I wanted to get back to this post and confirm that it is the bottom of the aqualarm transparent case containing the float. kazenza, you’re the big winner. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom