Sky lounges showing up everywhere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not the case in these parts at all. Must of the captains and owners are quite mature. People not inclined to trust their multi-million battle wagons to inexperienced youngsters let alone finding and manuvering to where the fish are and landing them. The deckhands, sure.

Most sport fishing boats are not run by people on Social Security. Whether they are the owner or a captain, most are not 65+.

Ted

The further up you go, the further you are from the head and that could be disastrous of you are like me, a little old man

We have a second bathroom upstairs.
Doesn't everyone?

Our sky lounge is a king sized bedroom with a private balcony.

Attachments

• IMG_20171010_115040.jpg
    IMG_20171010_115040.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Now that’s a sky lounge!

Riviera and Maritimo are big on fully solidly enclosed flybridges. They come with aircon. A lower helm version is probably a special order.

I heard it here Bruce, you're too old and stodgy for a Riviera or Maritimo with an enclosed upper helm. But if per chance you acquire one let us know so we can do another Opera House pass by together.

I have often thought an old river excursion boat , mostly glass from end to end would make a fine conversion boat.

Lots of light , good at manuvering, seldom need a bridge opening reliable commercial grade equipment..

Simi: Your boat looks impressive! Any more pics or videos? Do you live aboard?

I have often thought an old river excursion boat , mostly glass from end to end would make a fine conversion boat.

Lots of light , good at manuvering, seldom need a bridge opening reliable commercial grade equipment..

Fred - That sounds like pretty good thinking. Do you have photos of "river excursion boat" similar to as you mention?

We have a second bathroom upstairs.
Doesn't everyone?

Our sky lounge is a king sized bedroom with a private balcony.

Some people have boats without a head and you are bragging about having more than one? TEASE

Simi: Your boat looks impressive! Any more pics or videos? Do you live aboard?

Thanks, we like her.

This one was converted at the same time as ours in early 2000s and had an extensive refiit recently.
Pretty much same same as ours but shinier.
We have no water maker but do have large tankage.
We have a lot more solar
We have an 855 Cummins vs the 6lxb Gardner

https://yachthub.com/list/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/custom-60-foot-luxury-motor-cruiser/206741

We do live aboard full time on anchor.

Sounds like "Albula" and she is for sale in Florida and on YW. Look for single diesel, 59', composite construction.

I heard it here Bruce, you're too old and stodgy for a Riviera or Maritimo with an enclosed upper helm. But if per chance you acquire one let us know so we can do another Opera House pass by together.
Sad but probably true, though I might not dismiss a Riv 37 with Cummins,if it has the rare lower helm.
If you visit again it would be our pleasure to show you the beautiful Hawkesbury, we are on a marina there these days.

Read first several posts... but not all of em. Here's my take on it...

Seasonal conditions as well as geographic general weather conditions have great effect as to what/where to "generally" pilot from as well as to how pilot stations are outfitted and/or placed. Reasons for using boat also play heavily into things as well.

In our generally gentle climate we simply love having wide open flybridge with bimini for sun shade; e.g. boating spring, summer, fall. ...

Since we almost always boat west of Antioch (talking Bay Area here), at least half the time the boat is closed up or just one of the pilothouse doors is open; the 12 openable windows and other two doors remaining closed. :socool: (We have no A/C.)

Attachments

• ICaptain.jpg
    ICaptain.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom