View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #13
Steve91T
Guru

City: Huntersville NC
Vessel Name: Abeona
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 47’ Sundeck
We definitely understand the, it’ll cost twice as much and take twice as long thing. With the boat I’d imagine it’d take even longer. Our plan is to do this in stages. We’d start with just cleaning and new bedding. Then while on our first trip we’d get a better idea of what kind of furnature we want and have it delivered for the next trip. From there we’d pick a room and focus on that until it’s done then move on. Of course there will be regular boat maintenance. One thing that really surprised me about our Mainship is there literally is always something wrong. Might be small, might be more serious, but there always something. So that’s why we are planning long stops at fun cities for trips to the boat just for catching up on work.

It’s cool to hear so many people enjoy working on their boat. We look at an opportunity to make some pretty awesome memories as a family.

I worry about issues with older big boats. Fuel tanks scare me. I’ve done a lot of reading and I know there are reasonable solutions like using the existing tanks as frames and installing a bunch of small plastic tanks or large bladders. I think that an the mains would be the biggest risk with this boat.

So if this boat passes the oil samples, sea trial and my inspection, what kind of surprises could present itself that, if we had known, would have made us walk away?
Steve91T is offline   Reply With Quote