Hello from Germany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boatlada

Vessel Name
Miss Kittie
Vessel Make
2005 Mainship 34 Trawler
Hello y'all:)

my name is Swen. My wife and I bought a 2005 mainship 34 trawler w/ 2 engines.

Our homeport is Bluewater Bay,FL , where we live half of the year.

We will (hopefully) start the loop summer 2019.

I'll be back next Friday....

Regards from snowy Germany
Swen

Welcome Swen. Doing the loop sounds like a lot of fun.

Swen

Interesting combination of locales.

Welcome! Bluewater Bay, is one of my favorite stops. With any luck I'll be by there in the next couple of months, are you at Bluewater Bay marina?

Last edited:
Welcome Swen: My Admiral is German. We also lived there and enjoyed Charter Trawler Cruising in the old GDR, NE of Berlin. Some of the most pristine lakes, canals and rivers we’ve ever seen. We’re down here in Sarasota. Nice cruising on the Gulf Coast of FL.

Steve,

i will be there Friday till end of April, an than Juli till October

Swen

We are taking our first trip in a few years, We hope to stop at Bluewater Bay Marina the timing is not set but, I hope during that period, we will definitely look for you. Comes close I'll Private Message you my email address.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard

My great-grandmother was German. When I visited Germany, was told I looked like a Bavarian. :thumb:

Attachments

• radiated mark.jpg
    radiated mark.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 67
Guten Morgan Willkommen in Amerika.

Visiting Germany next month on a Grand Circle Cruise ship, Rhine and Mosel rivers.
CCC

Guten Tag und Wilcommen das Trawler Forum..
Charles if you wish a preview of those two rivers click on search for our trip 'Windmills And Wine'.
Definitely try the Bier Keller.
Enjoy.

Irish Rambler,
Thanks for the tip, your pictures are very nice and good description of your trip.
We have been fortunate to Cruise the Great Circle around the Eastern US and Canada on our trawler, it is about 5,500 miles and most do it in one year. We took 5 seasons to do it leaving the boat where ever we stopped for the winter. Covered 9,000 miles! In addition we did most of the southern rivers in the US, my goal was to go to the end of navigation for each.
We were not in a hurry and traveled with no schedule. I maintain that the most dangerous thing to have on a boat is a SCHEDULE, one will leave when one should stay and the converse.

Thanks again for your post.
CCC

Hey Swen,

Sounds good your 2019 project. We also store our boat in Florida over the summer. It’s close to Ortona lock in the Okeechobee Waterway on a private dock. Just finished our 4 month Bahamas trip from November to March and are now back in Tyrolia.

The Great Loop might be, after the Florida Keys, Cuba and now the Bahamas also our next project. Do you have already planned into more detail?

Our boat is a full displacement 49 ft Dutch Steel Trawler.

Tschuess, Jan

Visiting Germany next month on a Grand Circle Cruise ship, Rhine and Mosel rivers.
CCC

Charles
That's interesting-I'm leaving April 5th for a grande Circle cruise starting in Amsterdam then on to the Rhine-I'm following my wife to look at tulips.:flowers:LOL Same cruise??

Sorry for my bad manners-Welcome to the forum

ddalme, If you go online and check out Keukenhof Bulb fields near Amsterdam as that is without doubt the best flower show in the world, sheer horticultural heaven but obviously it's only open for a fixed period. Should you get chance go also to Blumenveiling, it a flower auction complex where the bidding starts high and goes down, giving us the term 'Dutch Auction. We loved Holland and its people, everyone was so helpful and polite.

Charles You're absolutely right, its the only way to see the country, IF you have the time. On our 'Windmills and Wine' trip there were so many things to do and see but we were stuck as I have another boat for sale in the South of France and couldn't leave it too long and my old bones need the warmer Southern winters.
The admiral is from the South of France and I'm only the captain !

We'd love to do 'The Great Loop' and I've all the info but how the hell I managed find time to work 80 hours a week beats me, we're busier now than ever.

Last edited:

Swen

Hello Swen!

My self introduction to Deutchlanders is
“Ich habe kein gelt!”

We are in Michigan, just off Lake Michigan, in Muskegon —a good looper stop-over.

We have had two German exchange students in the recent past, so feel a connection over there.

Enjoying Florida??
Hope you will let us know when you are heading up here.
Safe voyages!

Hi Swen, we are at Bluewater Bay our boat, Gumbo, is at the transit dock we plan to leave for Panama City
Tuesday morning weather permitting. If you are in the area stop by. I sent a pvt messageto your profile page of this forum.

Hi Steve,
I guess,I saw you today. Our slip is direct in front to the transit slip. It's the white 34 mainship trawler with the hardtop. (Miss Kittie)
I will call you tomorrow, we will be at the marina.
Swen

Very good, see you then

Welcome

I am in Florida also I have a office in Frankfurt Germany

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom