I really like my

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like my grand father lever and especially that it is warranted correct :)

IMG_0409.jpg

L

Level...might be an 'english as a second language' thing.

Wifey B: The trash talking between Star and DHays and others in another thread made me think. Trash Compactor. Just such a necessity for a cruiser. In a house with city collection it always seemed like just an extra step but on a boat a must. Plus we have so many guests at our home, I can't imagine now not having one there. :)

Level...might be an 'english as a second language' thing.
Ok how do you call the tool showing a bubble and used to make sure things are levelled?
Pardon me my poor English, as you pointed out it is not my first language.

L

Ok how do you call the tool showing a bubble and used to make sure things are levelled?

L

Wifey B: A level. You do quite well, just the occasional slight miss surfaces. A heck of a lot better than I'd do in your language. :)

L

Lou, I got it straight away, as I have several 'spirit levels'. The issue arose because you did not notice the typo and it appeared as a lever, when you meant level. ie the wee bubble in the round window halfway along what is otherwise clearly a ruler as well. When the bubble is centred in the window/aperture, if you lay the ruler along a surface, it indicates the surface is level. Small typo, big difference in meaning... C'était une simple erreur :facepalm: :)

Last edited:
Have no need for hat indoors.

Attachments

• radiated mark.jpg
    radiated mark.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 52
Outdoors is another thing.

Attachments

• raccoon strait south.jpg
    raccoon strait south.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 52
Wifey B: Can you guys please fill me in on this love of caps? Is it to protect bald heads from the sun or have another purpose? :confused:

Wifey B: Can you guys please fill me in on this love of caps? Is it to protect bald heads from the sun or have another purpose? :confused:

Definitely, also nose and cheeks. Also a chance to publicize previous destinations and whatever.

Wifey B: The trash talking between Star and DHays and others in another thread made me think. Trash Compactor. Just such a necessity for a cruiser. In a house with city collection it always seemed like just an extra step but on a boat a must. Plus we have so many guests at our home, I can't imagine now not having one there. :)

If we didn’t have a trash compactor I’d probably lose the Admiral. :confused:

Last edited:
Wifey B: What? Why? :eek:

Because then either we would be awash in bags of trash or schlepping the bags to shore.

Nope, nice compact, compressed bags of trash are the way to go. The space we lose to the compactor is more than made up by the space we don’t have to devote to bags and bags of trash.

:dance:

Because then either we would be awash in bags of trash or schlepping the bags to shore.

Nope, nice compact, compressed bags of trash are the way to go. The space we lose to the compactor is more than made up by the space we don’t have to devote to bags and bags of trash.

:dance:

Oooops. Just noticed my typo. If we DIDN’T have a trash compactor.......

:facepalm:

Attachments

• C09C2EAD-451F-41A1-90E0-096AF785FD93.jpg
    C09C2EAD-451F-41A1-90E0-096AF785FD93.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 50

I wear hats a lot on the boat to protect my growing forehead and large nose from the sun.

Back when I had a full head of hair I wore a billed cap primarily to shade my eyes from bright sun. Now that I have very thin hair on top, avoiding sunburn is a secondary reason, though eye shade is still primary. I've never really cared for sun glasses, and do not often wear them, as they would need to have prescription lenses.

Heh, we’ll I’ve never been one to brag but I’m given to understand that hats of any type make me rather irresistible to the fairer gender.

Attachments

• 4FB7AA6C-2645-491C-8F31-E32A8004E312.jpeg
    4FB7AA6C-2645-491C-8F31-E32A8004E312.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 45

What are hats for? You're just kidding, right?

51waDLrHt-L.jpg

No but you’ look good in one of these spiffy Pinkman Air-Flow’s with interchangeable typeset.

Great minimalist thinking, Larry!

Wifey B: So, Star Woman, Donna, and other females, do any females here wear caps while boating? :ermm: Neither hubby nor I even own a cap.

My new Mariners Compass beret

IMG_1217.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom