Folding cart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freespool

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
Offshore 62
Hello everyone,

I tried to locate a "search" function on the site but was unable to find one.

I assume this has been covered, but I am looking for a collapsible dock cart that I can use to take to the market for groceries. I love my Costco wagon, but I am sure it would rust in no time.

What do you guys use?

Ahhh, thank you. I looked and did not see it. My wife would say that's a common occurrence. Thanks and thank you for the link!

Same one we have. In blue. Works great! We get about a half-cart of groceries in (and on) it. Wheels aren't too big, but they go OK in sand and over soft ground. Folds fairly flat so it's easy to tuck somewhere out of the way. Plus it's easy to fold up and fold out again.

My only complaint is the handle could be just a bit longer. I have to stoop a little when pulling it. The height is just right for my wife though. Problem solved when I put a strap around the handle and tow it that way.

I found a folding aluminum handcart to be more useful and versatile. Bungee some milk crates or sacks if needed, or oversize and irregular objects. Easier to get up/down stairs, slide into the dinghy etc etc. We lent it out a lot for all these reasons, including to people with the 4 wheelers.

Something like these : https://www.globalindustrial.com/g/...olding/folding-portable-hand-carts-best-value

I think we got ours for about 50 bucks at a hardware store.

For short hauls I have an old, lightweight folding luggage carrier. It still can tote 5 cases of cans as it isnt too flimsy.

For long hauls I prefer the wagon style, the handtruck style wears your arms out too fast.

I use an old luggage strap through the short handle of the wagon and over a shoulder. I have drug several hundred pounds a mile without too much discomfort. Tried the same with a handtruck and was wooped.

I bought one of these for $50 at Costco. It lives in my trunk until I go to the marina. Stows in the laz if needed on a trip.

413EBe0TWZL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Fold it up and secure it forward.

Timing is everything at my particular marine. They have golf carts.

They let golf carts on the dock?

some places do, most dont.

They let golf carts on the dock?

some places do, most dont.

Concrete sea wall then a short walk down the finger pier to the boat.
Each slip has a finger pier. One boat per slip. Many of the slips are privately owned.
About 20 years ago, I bought my 75ft slip for 81K. Today, same slip about 275k. Of course there are monthly slip fees and electric and taxes

It's alway to have a place to call home

For long hauls I prefer the wagon style, the handtruck style wears your arms out too fast.

Hmmm, I didn't find that to be the case, since for one thing, typically you are pushing, not pulling the hand truck, and when you are pulling, many styles have adjustable handle length. But to each their own.

I have something called a climb cart. It’s an as seen on tv product but the thing is amazing. Goes up stairs and collapses when I’m done with it. Stores easily. I use it for everything. I’m sure if you type in climb cart on Amazon it will come up.

They also have like a foam insert that goes in place of the tube so they can never get real flat. They are used on dirt bikes

The Michelin Bib Mousse is a foam insert that replaces and eliminates the need for a conventional tube inside of your tire. With the Bib Mousse’s solid construction taking the place of your tube, you’ll no longer have to deal with pulled stems, lost pressure, punctures, pinched tubes, or flats of any kind related to traditional pneumatic tubes. The Bib Mousse is ideal for off-road use where it can be taken up to 80 mph and has the pressure equivalent of 13 psi, making it great for all sorts of terrain. And with its long 6 month lifespan, you won’t have to worry about flats for a while.

Concrete sea wall then a short walk down the finger pier to the boat.
Each slip has a finger pier. One boat per slip. Many of the slips are privately owned.
About 20 years ago, I bought my 75ft slip for 81K. Today, same slip about 275k. Of course there are monthly slip fees and electric and taxes

It's alway to have a place to call home

It's nice to finally see some decent ROI in the marine world since all of our boats go down in value! Nice profit there when you're ready to sell.

We have a Tipke folding aluminum dock cart. We love it. It has large bicycle type wheels that roll over things as large as steps easily. It has a 300 pound capacity. I have pulled it as far as a mile loaded with groceries and it works great. We used it to carry a Splendide washer/dryer down to our boat. You can get cheaper ones, but this one has held up for 12 years now and the only thing I have had to do was repair a flat tire once.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom