Trawler Prospect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: I would suggest calling Judy about it as I'm sure she can give you a lot of useful information. She's very knowledgeable. :)

Pedro was asking about a Sea Spirit 60, agree JW Yachts has a poor website, but it is easier to look at on Yachtworld; the 2018 price does not include electronics. to avoid the big depreciation, you might consider the 2009 model for sale with only about 2000 hrs on a lugger engine.
I don't know a lot about these but its a pretty boat. Appears to be linked to Queenship builders in BC, Canada, but this particular Sea Spirit 60 is assembled in Zhuhai China (of course lots of trawlers are built over there).
Fuel burn and range look very good for a vessel this size... Maybe some other folks on here know something about this boat or about Queenship....

Very nice, thank you, I had missed that one, will surely visit.

By limiting your search to the US , you will be missing many superb long distance cruisers in euroland.

If Brazil uses 120/240V 60cps electric the US would be best source , but if euro style 220 50cps is the norm , looking in euroland might be best.

Converting or living with the "wrong" electric can be done , but why bother?

Electrics in Brazil are same as US, not Europe. The boat will be docked in the US, so it is best to find a stateside boat I think. A trip to Brazil, maybe one in a lifetime, and the boat can only stay for 6 months, lest I would have o pay import duties. Besides, Brazil is not a boater's paradise: highs seas and scarce anchorages.

If the boat does not have to have extended ocean crossing ability you can save at least half perhaps more on a more common constructed vessel.

The interior will have a better layout as room for extended tankage and stores is not required.

I would look at motor yachts in the size that suits your comfort level , you can keep a million in the bank, and still bang around the Carib. or the coasts of Mexico, Central or South America.

Any issue of Yachting will list dozens of very friendly brokers.

I went to see the Chopin, a 60' Nordhavn, and I loved it. I also have my eyes on the Ithaca, but to this moment I don't know were it is, to go visit. Like in buying a house, my budget keeps stretching.

I went to see the Chopin, a 60' Nordhavn, and I loved it. I also have my eyes on the Ithaca, but to this moment I don't know were it is, to go visit. Like in buying a house, my budget keeps stretching.

WHOA! Looking good!

Ohhh, you've got $100,000itis!

Dont forget the cost of the crew and line handlers when you are going on a long trip.

I am a happy Nordhavn 50 owner. Currently in Grenada after traveling north last summer to RI. After almost 5000 miles, I'm very impressed. If you are considering a Nordhavn, I highly recommend contacting James Knight at Yacht Tech in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. (Nordhavnonly.com)He is the used Nordhavn guru. Yacht Tech sells and services only Nordhavns. They are an invaluable resource if you are buying one, and after to service it.

Ithaka is in Dana Point. Tanglewood is the boat you really want :). And yes, I'm biased.

I am still looking, while I wait forever for my Miami house to sell, as the last thing I want is to end up with a house and a big boat. I saw a 60' De Fever that looks very nice, but I do not know much about these boats. Any savvy advise on how it compares wit Nhvn and KK?
Many Tks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom