Bringing the Sea Star home from FL to LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a fun trip. We're in Bay Saint Louis and we make that run a lot. :)

Hey Star. Looked up your boat make and model. Nice! Is the forward berth considered the master or is it supposed to be the midship berth? Are you guys planning to live aboard or use it for a weekender?

The forward berth is called the VIP stateroom and the Master is midship as is the other berth.
The layout is what we love about the boat and the speed. This boat has really good engines that are in great shape but it needs a little work cosmetically. We’ll tackle that a little at a time.
No we are not planning to live aboard. But we plan to use it a lot!

Let’s see if this works. Just a little video of the pelicans eating fish scraps.
We’ve decided to stay here another night and not travel in the rain.

Let’s see if this works. Just a little video of the pelicans eating fish scraps.
We’ve decided to stay here another night and not travel in the rain.

I get an error, "format not supported"

Beautiful boat. Cruisers doesn't get a lot of attention outside their region and that's unfortunate. They've been around since the early 1900's but they went through such a series of ownership changes that they got a bit lost until coming back on the 90's under the Cruisers name. All the time they've been in Wisconsin.

I think they get overlooked too because of the question "what are they?" or "What kind of boats do they build?" Well, at this point they really target the Sea Ray type buyer who wants something different with a complete line from 23 to 60'. They've always been considered a quality builder. I think your 50SS is a nice boat and a great design, one builders are really struggling to replicate today, to build a 50' boat for cruising and even living aboard with three staterooms and good living space and the ability to cruise at various speeds.

and even living aboard with three staterooms and good living space and the ability to cruise at various speeds.

3 staterooms? You have way too many friends unless they are buying the food and fuel LOL

LOL Dont feel bad. My AT34 is in a marina surrounded by multi million dollar condos and BIG boats.
Just consider you have less upkeep and you will use your boat more often than the owners use their BIG boats.

I guess I will just have to single-hand this boat because I cannot find a beautiful woman who will tolerate me.
Hmmm, maybe I can go to a bar at closing time and shanghai a woman. LOL
"Hey little lady, want a ride on my windowless boat with puppies and candy in the back?"

Just tell the ladies you are taller when you sit on your wallet:thumb: (from movie 'Secretariat')

3 staterooms? You have way too many friends unless they are buying the food and fuel LOL

Can never have too many friends or too much family. I once thought differently myself, but changed now. Today we have 10 aboard as we were having withdrawal symptoms since we hadn't been out on the water since February 28. So made a two hour trip south, played four sets of tennis, had lunch, now almost home.

So where’s a fun place to stop for a night between here (captiva island) and clearwater? Since we’re stuck waiting on weather, we have a few days to play around.

So where’s a fun place to stop for a night between here (captiva island) and clearwater? Since we’re stuck waiting on weather, we have a few days to play around.

Wifey B: Siesta Key, Longboat Key, Sarasota. Or on into St. Pete. :D

We're in Sarasota now on a mooring at Marina Jack and it looks like they have dock space. It's a first class operation and you're within easy walking distance to at least a months worth of good restaurants. :) Give a shout if you stop.

https://www.marinajacks.com/

We're in Sarasota now on a mooring at Marina Jack and it looks like they have dock space. It's a first class operation and you're within easy walking distance to at least a months worth of good restaurants. :) Give a shout if you stop.

Wifey B: One of our favorite marinas. Lot's of great restaurants and we have friends there who know them all. :)

We reserved a dock space there for tomorrow night. A friend of ours back at home suggested it.

We’ll head to Clearwater on Monday and figure out when we can cross. All these different weather and wave forecast sites say something different. How do you know which is accurate? :confused:

We reserved a dock space there for tomorrow night. A friend of ours back at home suggested it.

We’ll head to Clearwater on Monday and figure out when we can cross. All these different weather and wave forecast sites say something different. How do you know which is accurate? :confused:

Same way you know whose prediction for the big game is right. At the end of the day.

All these different weather and wave forecast sites say something different. How do you know which is accurate? :confused:

Boy, does that sound so familiar! Been there, done that!

Following along also.

Cheers

Very easy. Observe the weather as you travel.

Same way you know whose prediction for the big game is right. At the end of the day.

Lol...yeah i suppose so.
Initially, today looked good for crossing and Sunday looked bad. Now tomorrow is looking good. So we are kicking ourselves for not leaving early this morning and getting to Clearwater today.
Oh well...live and learn.

No doubt very true

There is a dishwasher in the galley. That space could have been used for two drawers or a cabinet...that would have been much more useful. Heck we mostly eat on paper plates. I’ll likely very rarely use the dishwasher.
So therefore I had to store surplus stuff down in the little berth.

There is a dishwasher in the galley. That space could have been used for two drawers or a cabinet...that would have been much more useful. Heck we mostly eat on paper plates. I’ll likely very rarely use the dishwasher.
So therefore I had to store surplus stuff down in the little berth.

You will be surprised how many dishes you can wash in the sink with little water.
Start with the glasses, then the cleanest plates and flatware and finally the pans.
Put the rise water in the sink with the dirty dishes.

Looks like Sunday will give you favorable weather for the Bend crossing (windfinder). Monday thru Wednesday looks snotty out there. Don't push it, pick your best 2 day window then go. Enjoy the weather layovers! Heck you in some beautiful areas of FL.

Looks like Sunday will give you favorable weather for the Bend crossing (windfinder). Monday thru Wednesday looks snotty out there. Don't push it, pick your best 2 day window then go. Enjoy the weather layovers! Heck you in some beautiful areas of FL.

Problem is...we have to be home no later than Saturday.
We are really kicking ourselves for not going to Clearwater today.
Oh well...no use crying about it now lol.
I can’t figure out windfinder. Are you seeing wave data or just wind?

Can never have too many friends or too much family. I once thought differently myself, but changed now. Today we have 10 aboard as we were having withdrawal symptoms since we hadn't been out on the water since February 28. So made a two hour trip south, played four sets of tennis, had lunch, now almost home.

Sounds like a great day! We are sitting on the boat watching it rain. Lol

Back
Top Bottom