View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #933
N4061
Guru

Winter Nights

So we did something I have missed the past few months which is spending the night aboard. When we had the N40's we lived part time aboard (Monday to Friday) year round. While I enjoyed every season but Mary didn't care for the chilly winter nights and mornings. Yes it can get cold in SD sometimes and reach the upper 40's some nights. This past week we needed to leave the townhome to the realtor for some showings. Yes we have started another phase in the journey of life which includes finding what we hope will be our forever home. Downsizing from a 4000 SF house on an acre isn't as easy as we thought. While we don't want the big yard we do want some room and finding that in this hot SD market has been challenging. Well we found a home in a little place called Rancho Santa Fe located about 15 north of SD. We are about 3 miles from the ocean up on a bluff overlooking two horse training centers. No we are not into horse's but far enough away we can appreciate the open space. From the same vantage point we can almost throw a rock and hit the two homes owned by some guy named Bill Gates. OK I'm stretching the ability of my arm a little but not who lives in the next hill. Not a bad place to live, now we just need all the pieces to come together including some creative financing (anyone have an extra million they can spare?).

Spending the last two nights aboard have been great and brings back great memories of the past summer and fall. Even Mary has enjoyed the evenings being warm and cozy. We actually got lucky with the weather at night only going down to the mid 50's. Dinners up in the PH have been excellent with different types of food while enjoying the views of downtown.

The boat looks great after the wax job including the dingy which I tried to clean the bottom and did only a fair job. It now looks brand new. We both are looking forward to longer days starting this weekend and more time aboard. Tonight we are watching the Bee Gees One Night Only concert from back in 2001. Great concert. Life was good today.
N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote