Wabi Sabi Rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatmon

Ahoy, all.

After a 4 year COMPLETE rebuild on my 34' MT Sedan (yeah, I had other things to do too, ya know) I'm finally getting to the home stretch and plan to have her back in the water for Hurricane Season here in the Panhandle of FLA.

The PO had a wiring cluster**** and I'm simplifying as much as possible but need a schematic of the basic starter wiring. I've searched and googled my fingers to the bone, but nothing is a direct fit.

1973 MT w/Lehman 120, simple enough, huh.

I've always used a dedicated battery for starting and isolated the house via a switch. Hooking all the stuff up (solenoids, lead to starter, power to the electric fuel pump, etc) something just doesn't feel right to me....

Where's this so-called Jay Leonard fella when ya need him? Ya know he's my (way) older brudda from anudda mudda. Different forum, sorry.

Thanks in advance, Harry "Graybeard"

Attachments

• 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 92
Okay, uh, not sure why the photos came upside-down... They're not that way in my files....

Okay, uh, not sure why the photos came upside-down... They're not that way in my files....

Has to do with the Indian burial ground you have the boat on. It happens every time. :rolleyes:

Ted

You are in the home stretch. Good luck and lots of time on the water.

What happens if you submit the photos upside down? Maybe they will appear rightsize up here. Looking at the pictures as posted makes me feel sick.

Ya know, it reeeely must be that "Native American" burial groumd here. I tried both upside-down and rightside-up and they BOTH viewed as upside-down.... WT*?

Oh, and that Jay fella sent me a hand drawn file from American Diesel with starter schematics!!! Altho my system includes a 4 post Cole Hersee 24059 Insulated Continuous Duty, 12V, 85A, SPST Solenoid. Not sure why that is part of the equation? The fuel was moved by a Holley High Performance electric pump that I figger is on with the ignition switch.....

Fun, fun, fun.

Float safe.

Back
Top Bottom