Woohoo...we are closing on boat tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Star0210

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Star
Vessel Make
2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Morning and flying to Florida tomorrow afternoon to bring her home.
Sooooo excited!!

Thiis is exciting! Yahoo! Thanks for keeping us in the loop and letting us tag along.
I’m gonna be bombarding ya’ll with posts and pics during our trip home. Ya’ll are going to be telling me to go away before it’s over! Lol

Congrats and send lots of pics and posts!

JimL

Where r u picking her up?

Cape Coral, Florida

Holy cow, sincere congrats. You'll be coming by Longboat Key on the way home. Stop by and grab a beer.....talk boats. A 50 ft. CY! Nice!

Great news, Star and StarGuy! Great new avatar, too! :thumb:

Nice to see a new trip with Pics! Cant ever get enuff stories and pics of boats underway.
We are sooooo ready to leave the dirt palace ourselves.

Congrats and safe travels.

Healhustler - where abouts in long boat key? We are hoping to get from Cape Coral to Tarpon Springs in one day but you never know what the weather will bring. If it’s calm enough, we plan to run on the gulf side to make some time.

You will have a 20 mph wind on the nose starting tomorrow night according to Windy Tv. Wind doesn’t die down til Friday. Inside might not be so bad idea.

Yeah, we’ve been looking at that. Might be forced inside to Tarpon Springs. It’s the jump after that that really concerns me. Small window of opportunity maybe Saturday. If we miss that or it doesn’t materialize we will be hanging out for a day or two.

Yeah. That window might open late Friday and be closed by Saturday night. It is a small window. But you have a speedy boat. Tarpon Springs is not a bad place to hang out. I gained 10 lbs from the pastries at the Greek bakery. [emoji33]

Greek bakery? Hmmmm. That weather window looks like it’s shrinking quick.

IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1207.jpg

Healhustler - where abouts in long boat key? We are hoping to get from Cape Coral to Tarpon Springs in one day but you never know what the weather will bring. If it’s calm enough, we plan to run on the gulf side to make some time.

Yes, I suppose you’ll be zooming by here (Sarasota) on plane if you want to make Tarpon Springs, but it took us about 8 hrs. from Cape Coral to Sarasota with our slow trawler on the ICW. Lots of bridges to stop high boats, you know. Best of luck outside....could be chalenging and costly on plane.

Congratulations! Safe travels. Looking forward to hearing about your travels.

Congratulations, nice big boat. Have fun and keep us up to date.

Thank you all for the congrats. We are super excited but I am also a bit nervous. The weather windows are very tight on the forecasts and I have only minimal confidence all the timing points will work out. It is very possible we may have to leave her somewhere for a week and come back later to finish the trip.

Larry- yes, fuel cost is going to be an eye opener. :). But priorities are
Safety
Reliable operation
Time

Fuel economy is last on this particular trip. We really want to get her (and us) home in one piece over the next week if at all possible.

If I read the bridge information right, I think there are only two we would have to call to open. The other look to be at least 23ft clearance or more and we are supposed to be 16.5ft but I’m not sure if that includes the satellite dome or only to the radar arch top. Gonna have to measure that. Based on latest forecast I’m about 70/30 that we will have to stay ICW to TS or Clearwater to stage for a Saturday jump. If we miss Saturday, we are hanging out until Monday or Tuesday before we could cross.

Thank you all for the congrats. We are super excited but I am also a bit nervous. The weather windows are very tight on the forecasts and I have only minimal confidence all the timing points will work out. It is very possible we may have to leave her somewhere for a week and come back later to finish the trip.

L. Based on latest forecast I’m about 70/30 that we will have to stay ICW to TS or Clearwater to stage for a Saturday jump. If we miss Saturday, we are hanging out until Monday or Tuesday before we could cross.

Like I said before if you get stuck in the Tarpon Springs area and need some help let me know I live nearby.
Best of luck.

Thanks Jay. Much appreciated.

And also thanks Larry. Weather window might drive a mini TF meet up. Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom